Vinh Ta

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I don't know if this is the right place to post, but i run in a few problems trying to create my own league, and hopefully...you guys can help me out :p.

What I am currently trying to do is...creating a super league, where the top teams in the world would compete after reaching a certain places in their respected domestic league.

For ex:
Arsenal, MU, and Chelsea was 1-3 in ELP last season, therefore, they get promoted to a new league, where they would play against the top teams that also qualified from other leagues. The price money, and sponsorship/TV should also increase to motivate teams staying up top. Each division also have a varying coefficient, much like UEFA champion league.

The problem is, i don't know how to create such a league in the best possible way. Wouldn't it be in one of the specific country? I tried to use the competition-wise method in db editor, but it seems like there is no league format. also, being able to play in this newly created league, as well as the old one like ELP would be silly. Teams won't be able to cope with their schedule. Everything else would be intact.

Thanks guys,
Sorry if I confused you, or you don't understand. English isn't my first language :)

Cheers!

Last edited:
My suggestion would be to create continental rules where the continent is 'world'. You'd be able to run it in the off season or something as a league where the top 2-3 teams of the top leagues play each other once followed by playoffs perhaps?

Eg. 3 top teams from England, Brazil, Spain, Italy, Argentina, South Korea play each other in a league system followed by semis then a final to decide the champion.

This is only a suggestion, but I don't think you can have promotion relegation from different nations.

I'm not sure how coefficents work, and I don't know if you can create them for a continent...

Hi Danny, Thanks for your suggestion. However, if I do it that way, another problem will rise. You see, many teams are involved in things like friendlies, Club World Cup, and others. Also, World Cup, European Cub, Copa America, ect...would happen during the summer. There would be no problem with lower leagues. However, top leagues usually composed of internationally known players. It wouldn't be cool to have 80% of your whole quality squad missing by the time you need to compete for one of the more prestigious cup would it?

Thanks, though. I was thinking about putting them all under the same country if there is no other ways :[ However, that would need a lot more revamps and stuffs :S

Yeah, I thought about that and that's why I said the off-season because there is nothing in Europe really at that time... But I forgot the South American schedule gets pretty crazy around that time...
Perhaps re-schedule the nations involved so there is space for your competition?

i'm still new to this db editor thing, so i will try my best to edit it right. What bothers me is that it's harder to balance things right, based on income and stuffs. I don't want teams to have no money/too much money at the end of the season every year, and being out of place in the next few. Understanding that it's a risk one must take, but I still want to emulate it as real as possible. Leagues/competitions with many top teams must have some form of price to help the winner, and to give the lower clubs motivations to get there.

thanks for your advices, I will try my best to emulate it as realistically as possible, while maintaining the balance overall :)