Scotty98TR

Reaction score
(This first bit is just filling you in on the background to my problem, in bold below is all you actually need to read to see what I need help with! :))

Now I know how to generally create chances, and what effects a team's ability to create tactics in a match. However, I initially had great success with my current tactic (Screenshots below) with Athletic Bilbao, beating Sevilla 5-0 and Atl. Madrid 4-0, along with a few other high-scoring games. I also have the second best attack in the league, which is quite impressive considering how much Barca and Real score.

(I have always gone with a slow tempo, keeping the ball approach (Apart from with lower-league saves of course :)), which I know will create less chances than a quicker tempo game. )

However, I recently changed a few parts of my main tactic, which short-term worked, but now I struggle to create more than 1 or 2 CCC's a game! Unfortunately, I didn't save the tactic before I edited it (I had saved an older version of it when I created it, but made alot of tweaks since)

So back on topic, is there anything people would suggest doing that could improve my CCC creation, without causing me to radically changing my tactic?

Cheers in advance!
View attachment 318649View attachment 318650View attachment 318651

Last edited:
P.S. The 2 screenshots that are seperate in the 'attached thumbnails' are not meant to be there, and I can't get rid of them :L

Change Monreal to fullback attack. Remove the manual tweaks to tempo and time wasting

Change Monreal to fullback attack. Remove the manual tweaks to tempo and time wasting

Cheers for the reply! :D

Yeah time wasting wasn't meant to be that high, I hadn't realised I didn't change it back since the Barca match :L

I have tried speeding up the tempo, but then my players seem to lose the ability to pass the ball (We start to look like Arsenal did last night), instead they only seem to pass the ball halfway towards the player, before it stops. I'll try again with the quicker tempo, but got a match against Madrid coming up so I won't count that!

Anything else you (Or anyone else) would suggest aswell? :)

Also, this is the original patch (Before Monreal moved to Arsenal) so he only has 12 crossing.... Do you think I should still make him attack? (I know that would be good due to Muniain cutting inside, and that was my original intention but I had hoped Monreal would have a better crossing stat)

Last edited:
Cheers for the reply! :D

Yeah time wasting wasn't meant to be that high, I hadn't realised I didn't change it back since the Barca match :L

I have tried speeding up the tempo, but then my players seem to lose the ability to pass the ball (We start to look like Arsenal did last night), instead they only seem to pass the ball halfway towards the player, before it stops. I'll try again with the quicker tempo, but got a match against Madrid coming up so I won't count that!

Anything else you (Or anyone else) would suggest aswell? :)

Also, this is the original patch (Before Monreal moved to Arsenal) so he only has 12 crossing.... Do you think I should still make him attack? (I know that would be good due to Muniain cutting inside, and that was my original intention but I had hoped Monreal would have a better crossing stat)

Yeah make him attack. Its more than about the crossing, but rather creating the overlap and opening space. And 12 crossing isnt horrible.

I'd also consider giving aduriz a support role, but I'd see how the side plays for a bit first

Yeah make him attack. Its more than about the crossing, but rather creating the overlap and opening space. And 12 crossing isnt horrible.

I'd also consider giving aduriz a support role, but I'd see how the side plays for a bit first

Aduriz/Agirretxe having been fantastic this season (Getting 23 goals in 19(+4) games combined), so don't really want to mess with that. :)

I've made him attack now, and he has already been good for me anyway, 6 assists in 17 game :)

Good and bad from my next match...

The bad - I only won 1-0 (Against bottom placed Valladolid), and created just 1 CCC (Which we didn't score from) and only 4 half chances... We scored from a throw in, and had just 5 shots on target out of 14. I don't know why my shooting has been so bad for the past few games, and it isn't all long shots (Only had 4 long shots)

The good - 66% possession, and Monreal got man of the match! (The Mike effect! :p)

Making Monreal more attacking seems to have been a stroke of genius, thanks Mike!!! :D

Just beat Real 2-0, the first goal came from Arbeloa closing down Monreal who was quite deep, who then layed it off to Susaeta (Played him as the IF)!!!