HELP!!! Custom kits not showing.

mrdzyyyrawr

Reaction score
I've been trying to get this to work for days now & I just can't see why they aren't showing. I've tried everything I can find on forums with similar problems. I've already got loads of kits installs and working fine. I've got the SSKCC16 mod. I'm trying to add the kits for Hereford FC. I've created them in Photoshop & Saved them as .png files. I've used FMXML to create the config file & placed them all in a separate folder within the graphics folder. I've been on the editor to see if there are kits on that. There weren't so I've made them on the editor & started a new game. Still no dice. Any help you guys can give me would be amazing!

Here are the images:
View attachment 128798View attachment 128797View attachment 128796

The config file is as follows:
<record> <!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->
<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->
<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->
<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions
in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any
place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics
files from the correct places
-->

<list id="maps">
<!-- Generated with FM XML for Mac - By Putzy -->
<record from="82070144_away" to="graphics/pictures/kits/82070144/away"/>
<record from="82070144_home" to="graphics/pictures/kits/82070144/home"/>
<record from="82070144_third" to="graphics/pictures/kits/82070144/third"/>
</list>
</record>

Thanks!

Have you tried to " Clear Cache" in preferences and reload skin ?

Yeah I've tried that every time I've made a change. Still no luck.

I've had a go but the kits won't show up for me, either. I've tried several things - resizing the images to the standard 220 x 220px, copying the graphics into new files and saving them as new .png files, replacing them with the shirts I have left over from Hereford United - but nothing works. I had a similar problem with IK Frej in Sweden.

I think the issue is with the game itself rather than the graphics files or the config. Perhaps the ID number is shown incorrectly in-game or the part of the game's coding that is supposed to match graphics to an ID number and then to a specific club is faulty for Hereford FC. The image files and the config are all present and correct, as far as I can tell.

simple fix is to go into the pre-game editor go to Hereford FC you will see that there are no standard kits for them add shirts/shorts/socks to their Home, Away and Third kits slots.

save the editor file and start new game enabling that editor file

The Hereford FC kits should appear :)

simple fix is to go into the pre-game editor go to Hereford FC you will see that there are no standard kits for them add shirts/shorts/socks to their Home, Away and Third kits slots.

save the editor file and start new game enabling that editor file

The Hereford FC kits should appear :)

I've already tried this and I still can't get them to work. It's so annoying!

I've already tried this and I still can't get them to work. It's so annoying!

OK, Are you using any other databases? For example Sortitoutsi name fix and A custom expansion database (E23 - Level 23 England db or Level 9 file?) at the same time? that's probably what is causing the kits to not show up.

All I did was fire up the editor found Hereford FC added home, away and third kits to their club profile and also moved them Vanarama South just so I didn't have to download anything but shouldn't matter what division they are in.
I also resized all kits to 220x220 and made folder and config containing only the Hereford kits.
Started new game enabled the editor file (I see that you said you use the SSKCC just untick that)
Once loaded if kits don't appear clear cache.

If you still have problems then I'll upload the editor file and kits with config

View attachment 128269

Last edited:
Does anyone have a download for the Hereford FC kits for FM18?

same problem here , i´ve created home\away kits for SV Grohn (Level 6 of Germany) , i put the 2 files in the kits folder , created the config xml , but in-game the kits is not showing up.

AM having the same problem, anyone know how to get this fixed?