ossietheowl

Reaction score
Hello all,

So I'm entering my 4th season with Atromitos Athens, and have from the very beginning been trying to push a very direct, attacking brand of football onto my side. In recent seasons, this has manifested itself into a very Juve/Conte style tactic (3-5-2).

Although this has worked very well for me (I've cemented Atromitos' position as the 2nd team in Greece with very limited resources, mostly relying on youth players now due to debt), defensively it seems weak. I've noticed nearly every goal I concede is a result of my high line, whether it be one of my CB's making a mistake and having no-one behind him to clear up, or simply a through ball that beats the offside trap. In practice, this means I concede in most games because every team I play against will have 1-2 one-on-one's a game. Normally I outscore the opposition but sometimes I'll have a very frustrating result where the oppo will have 1 shot to my 25 and they'll win 1-0.

Anyway, I'll post my tactic below, any suggestions about how to improve my high-line to make it better defensively would be much appreciated!

View attachment 398521View attachment 398520View attachment 398519View attachment 398518View attachment 398517

Not to do with your thread, but to sort out that issue with the graphics on your tactics screen, change the rendering mode in preferences - interface.

Thank you so much I thought I just had a dodgy version, I'll sort that out now :)