Help! Desperate Help needed with Portsmouth

Burkie7

Reaction score
Well I'm in desperate need of help with Pompey, I thought with a few loan signings I could push for play-off's but I have pretty much no chance of that now so just looking for a formation that I can use now to get my players used to for next season.

Here's my team..
View attachment 118427

League Position..
View attachment 118426

I'm using JP Woody's tactic which is my favourite tactic and worked well with every other team I have managed but having no luck with Pompy.

Need help with looking for a new tactic to use with Pompy from people who have had success with them on the game.

I'm also using Ian C's training don't know if that means anything.

Also take in mind that next season I won't have Utaka, Nugent or Richie as their contract's are expiring and I have no funds because I have just being took over by a Fans Trust group.

Thanks.

Can anyone help please ? Can't play this save till I get new tactic.

use the 4-4-2 formation on here posted by Casey32. the arsenal one.

i am playing portsmouth at the moment as a pompey fan, so know the squad extremly well. you need a decent right back allowing you to put hayden mullins into midfield, you also need a AML to allow matt ritchie some rest and the same for the right.

i am also using john utaka as my main striker and he has over 25goals and we are only just out of febuary. dave nugent has 15 goals aswell and lawrence has chipped in

Try Al's 4-2-3-1 with a counter strategy. Good possession and good against top sides.

You wont blow away the minnows but has got me to 2nd with Reading.

I've been playing FM for years now...and I use to always download and use other peoples tactics and training regimes like you're doing.

Trust me when I say this, "build your own tactic"...you must know and feel and what you teams strong points are ?...build a tactic, especially at the beginning of a season and stick with it...the game is like a frequency, if you change things the frequencies go all over the place then settle...the less changes you make the more steady state the game reacts (sorry I'm a chemical engineer)...but this is how I see it.

also, have a good assistant manager (the best you can get)...set him to to all you team talks...pre-match, half-time, press etc. I never interfear with oppossition instructions...let the team play to their ability. Occasionally in game I'll change from Control to Counter...stuff like that...DON'T CHANGE THINGS...this is my advice...

You'll have a tactic and it'll be your own...i'm having huge succes this way...and I'm now finally really enjoying FM because its all my own doing...:)

Cheers mate and GL

I've been playing FM for years now...and I use to always download and use other peoples tactics and training regimes like you're doing.

Trust me when I say this, "build your own tactic"...you must know and feel and what you teams strong points are ?...build a tactic, especially at the beginning of a season and stick with it...the game is like a frequency, if you change things the frequencies go all over the place then settle...the less changes you make the more steady state the game reacts (sorry I'm a chemical engineer)...but this is how I see it.

also, have a good assistant manager (the best you can get)...set him to to all you team talks...pre-match, half-time, press etc. I never interfear with oppossition instructions...let the team play to their ability. Occasionally in game I'll change from Control to Counter...stuff like that...DON'T CHANGE THINGS...this is my advice...

You'll have a tactic and it'll be your own...i'm having huge succes this way...and I'm now finally really enjoying FM because its all my own doing...:)

Cheers mate and GL

I have never made my own tactic though mate and starting now wouldn't be the best time with my team playing so badly, I always usually stick with one tactic with every team I use and that is usually JP Woodys one but I noticed it is took of the site for whatever reason? I plan on making my own tactic in another save with a team like Man United or someone along those lines as they will have the quality to make most tactics work.
Thanks for advice though mate.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

use the 4-4-2 formation on here posted by Casey32. the arsenal one.

i am playing portsmouth at the moment as a pompey fan, so know the squad extremly well. you need a decent right back allowing you to put hayden mullins into midfield, you also need a AML to allow matt ritchie some rest and the same for the right.

i am also using john utaka as my main striker and he has over 25goals and we are only just out of febuary. dave nugent has 15 goals aswell and lawrence has chipped in

Thanks for advice I'll give that tactic ago, I had S.Kelly in on loan for RB but when the loan ended up transfered to Stoke so currentlly Ben.Haim is my RB, For AML M.Richie is pretty much the only one who can play their, AMR I have Lawrence, Utaka and Anichibe who can play their.

J.Utaka has being wonderful for me aswell 20 goals in 28 games I think, Nugent is in my reserves because I don't want to trigger his transfer clause that makes me have to pay 500k to Preston & Bury and Lawrence has being great for me so far.

Ghost Tactic Working For Me!!!! also have training schedule init
When i did a 3 years with portsmouth i walked the championship
players i got
Assulin (RLM)
Kadlec (Loan)

Ghost Tactic Working For Me!!!! also have training schedule init
When i did a 3 years with portsmouth i walked the championship
players i got
Assulin (RLM)
Kadlec (Loan)

What training schedule you using ?
and thanks I tried to sign Assulin but didn't have the funds and can you get Kadlec in 2nd season?

Sorry to pump this thread but once again need help with the pompy, in 3rd season now after destroying the championship in my 2nd season, used Casey 32 arsenal tactic and scored of 100 goals and got more then 100 points, need a new tactic now since Casey 32 tactic is to attacking for my side now that I'm in the Premiership, here's my squad:
View attachment 122082

Need a new tactic so that I finish in top half of the table so any suggestions?
Thanks.

that squad is insane, Nelson Valdez, Andy Carroll, Coutinho and Woodgate :O

I'd stick with Casey's for the first few games and see what happens, or if not, try your own... why not?

that squad is insane, Nelson Valdez, Andy Carroll, Coutinho and Woodgate :O

I'd stick with Casey's for the first few games and see what happens, or if not, try your own... why not?

Got 10 Million to spend, Newcastle where releagated so got Carroll for 3 mil, Valdez was offered to me for 1.8 mil, Woodgate was brought in on a free transfer and Coutinho on loan.
I did try with it I took the screenshot early today my first 2 games lost 4-0 and 6-0 !
And I'm not good at making tactics and have had alot of success with tactics on this website so just looking for people to recommend one for me.