Help: Financial Blackhole Ruining My Season

Redstag

Reaction score
Hello all,

Ok Im Sheff Utd. I was given a reasonable amount of money at the start of the game (just less that £4m in transfer funds) and I had a reasonable balance of £15m for a Championship side this is quite good.

I made some signings but sold some players too. Transfer market I made £2.9m and spent about £3.5. Nothing wrong there.

But it is now November and I am getting worried. September, October and November saw me lose at lease £1.5m per month. My resources are dwindling away.

Can anyone figure out how I can cut these costs? Are my wages, bonuses, etc too much?

Here are the shots. Please help.

View attachment 9647
View attachment 9648
View attachment 9649
View attachment 9650

After looking at the screenshots i think that the loans your chairman has and from the bank are doing a lot of the damage. the only other thing i can think of is clauses in the players either you've brought or that have been brought before; they might have monthly fees being paid out.

Well, you are losing 4k a week from going over your wage budget, so that's -16k more per month, plus you have to pay three loans back, a bit monthly. It does add up to over a million a month paid in expenses. Once you pay off those loans, it should get better for you.

i think ur promblem is ur loan repayments and i dont think u can affect that on till ur finished paying ot off m8

Cheese Lord all my transfers are straight up. I dont bother with paying over 6 or 12 months. Can anyone recommend anything. Im doing fantastic (unbeaten after 14 games and top of table) but financially I wont survive if this keeps up.

It's almost entirely the loan repayments mate. You'll have issues until they are paid off unfortunately. Should have taken a look at your loans before you spent almost all of your money.

sell all ur fringe players and cut down on ur wage budget

Once you pay off those loans, it should get better for you.

Perfect I cant wait until 2011 :mad:

:wub:(i only see now that this is an anti rascism thing. I thought you might have taken other bus when I 1st saw it :D)

It really looks like a loan trouble. Nothing to do about it, I guess.

the anti racsicm thing is the diffarent colour bubbble men not the love heart lol well i think

billy which is it the bubble men or the love heart??????

Another disaster I have just noticed is when im trying to give the team new contracts i MUST include a clause that gives them a 25% increase on promotion. Its apparently a standard club agreement.

Get pre-season friendlies arranged at home with big teams. Also make a league with say Barcelona and A.C. Milan, giving them both the full fee you can. Then invite say CSKA Moscow for £0, who will reject because a) they are in the middle of their season, and b) they're not getting paid. Hopefully the 2 big clubs will accept and CSKA will reject. Then, click on 'Edit Friendly' and add your reserves, who automatically accept, but don't edit the fees and you will make maximum money and the 2 big clubs won't get anything.
Try lowering bonuses and cutting down on signing on fees. Offer players a better squad status on a new contract in return for a wage cut - they won't be bothered how often they do play, just how much you say they'll play.
Don't release players if you can't sell them - the compensation you have to pay will hit you in the pocket as well. CAncel feeder club agreements where you have to pay money, unless it has obvious benefits ( like having first options on players from ajax - who have a great youth set-up, or players being able to move freely. ) If you have some unheard of Chinese team with no players and you are paying them per year - definitely cancel it.

Make sure you stay under your wage budget as well as the board will be paying the excess out of the bank balance.
Winning trophies will give you lots of money as well, so try to keep winning.

Hope this helps,
Chris :D

After looking at the screenshots i think that the loans your chairman has and from the bank are doing a lot of the damage. the only other thing i can think of is clauses in the players either you've brought or that have been brought before; they might have monthly fees being paid out.

i agree with cheese lord the chairman is cursing ur problem

Ok I spent the evening cutting corners and I reckon the team has a future. My Chairman loan (£750,000 every month) will stop in October of my 2nd season. If I make the Premiership (13 points clear at top of Championship) ill be ok.

I also found an amazing way of getting players to take pay cuts. Say you have a player on 20,000. He wont take a big pay cut. I offered him 19,500 with NO SIGNING ON FEE. Then he accepts. I then offer 19,000 with no signing on fee. I repeated this with loads of players and it works upto and including 9,500. I reduced my wage budget by about 50k a week. Ill save about a quarter million a month.

Im still gonna lose a bucket load. Though I have exceptionally good team nobody is worth anything so selling them wont really work. Ill wait til October.

nice 1 and u will be grand with ur tv revenue wen u get promoted m8

Ok I spent the evening cutting corners and I reckon the team has a future. My Chairman loan (£750,000 every month) will stop in October of my 2nd season. If I make the Premiership (13 points clear at top of Championship) ill be ok.

I also found an amazing way of getting players to take pay cuts. Say you have a player on 20,000. He wont take a big pay cut. I offered him 19,500 with NO SIGNING ON FEE. Then he accepts. I then offer 19,000 with no signing on fee. I repeated this with loads of players and it works upto and including 9,500. I reduced my wage budget by about 50k a week. Ill save about a quarter million a month.

Im still gonna lose a bucket load. Though I have exceptionally good team nobody is worth anything so selling them wont really work. Ill wait til October.

Glad you found a solution to your problem mate. Nicely done, and good luck on promotion. ;)