HELP - Football Manager 2012 12.2.2f259383 has stopped working

Reaction score
Hey guys

I am pretty new to FM2012. I just finished the second season of my first manager at FC Seoul (Korean team) and decided to resign as Seoul manager to look for a new team.

K-League (Korean League) seasons start in Feb-March and finish in December, so I resigned from my post on January 5th 2014.

I had no problem in continuing up to the 9th of Jan 2014, still unemployed. However, when I pressed the "continue" button on the 9th of Jan to proceed to the 10th of Jan, the game stopped working, showing this error message "Football Manager 2012 12.2.2f259383 has stopped working". I have restarted and retried to proceed, but every time I did the game stopped during the transition between the 9th and the 10th of January. After trying like 10 times, I decided to go back to the previously saved game, which was way back in December, replayed the whole Club World Championship and resigned again on the 3rd of Jan. This didn't make any difference as the game kept stopping and I couldn't get past Jan 9th, and was shown the same error message.

I had saved the game right after the Club World Championship, so I went back and retried to proceed to the 10th while staying at Seoul this time rather than resigning. Strangely, I couldn't get past Jan 8th this time and the game kept stopping during the transition between 8th-9th. (same error message)

I went back yet again to December and this time moved to a new team, Fiorentina of Serie A on Jan 3rd, hoping this would make a difference. (In the previously saved games I kept rejecting Fiorentina's offer) It didn't. This time I couldn't get past Jan 9th. I got the same error message every time.

Has any of you had the same problem, or does anyone know how I could fix this?

Just to add- It would be best if I could continue with the same manager rather than having to start all over agian.

do one thing at around 8th jan wherever u r manager, go on a holiday and try to get past the 9th 10th jan problem and try and see what happens......

I've tried to go on holiday on the 7th/8th Jan but every time the date reaches 10th the game stops and I get the error message :(

You been downloading ****? :O Kidding!!!

Erm, that weird...Maybe it's best bet to start a new save? If you cannot progress to 11th Jan.

If your using an custom database like LFcs then this could be it. If not it will be the game itself and nothing you can do.

Nah, didn't use any of the custom databases. I guess I have to start a new manager all over again :(