Sc00by

Reaction score
Hi, I'm playing as Aston Villa in a network game with a friend and we're up to 2020. I'm just at the stage now where I have a squad capable of winning the Premier League and Champions League. Last summer I spent £58m on a new AMC and £83m on a new ST, both are regens and both have Ronaldo/Messi-esque stats. Unfortunately I am not the host so I cannot take a screen shot of them at the moment.

I play a 4231 with the following roles:

GK - GK defend

RB - FB support
CB - CB defend
CB - CB defend
LB - WB automatic

CM - BWM defend
CM - RPM support

AMR - W support
AMC - AP support
AML - RMD attack

ST - CF attack

We are top of the league and we won our group which included Bayern with ease. After 19 games in the league we were 17-2-0. We have been utterly dominant. OK so 1st world problems...

Anyway, my AMC is truly world class, hes American, hes 6'3 and he uses either foot without seemingly any negative effects to his stats. But hes only scored 1 goal for the club this season and has only contributed 4 assists. I have Oliver as my back-up AMC(previously 1st choice) and he never really contributed much in way of goals/assists either. Strangely Oliver is chipping in more when he plays now, I can recall a couple of nice long range goals from him and free kicks, but still not close to what I would expect from a top level player in a team like this.

I watch the games in 2D classic and often you can pause the game and put a coin over both CMs and AMC, AMC drops deep a lot and is often on top of the CMs, and RPM often drives beyond AMC. RPM gets very good numbers of goals and assists.

Now the thing is I'm very limited with my options for AMC, I converted Zivkovic from ST to AML to be my RMD with the new guy up front, but I hate having more than 2 players on attack, I've tried it before and I'm never happy with how exposed it leaves me defensively. Plus Zivkovic and my new ST both are 1st and 2nd for both goals and assists in the league I really don't want to change that set-up at all. That only leaves me support roles for my AMC, and the only support role options are AP and AM.

I know you will most likely want to see some stats but I can't post any at the moment, suffice to say all of his AM/AP stats are incredible, he lacks a little pace and acceleration(12 for both) and AM 1st and AP 2nd are my coaches suggestions of his best roles.

I don't use any PI's for my AMC, how can I get him in on the action?
Would I be better served changing the RPM role instead as he seems to steal a lot of the AMC's thunder, but I have Tielemans there and I can't really see any other good role to get the best from him.

Any help would be appreciated.

Will you show what Tactical Instructions you use and Player Instructions :)

What about trying him as an Enganche? I know it's an "attacking" role, but it's a relatively static one.

The other option would be trying to utilise the PI "hold position". I've used it a few times and it can help keep your players from occupying the same space. I used it with my MC, to stop him getting to close to my DM.

EDIT: Tielemans can do anything, so don't worry about him, he'll excel in whichever role you put him in. I played him as a CM(s) for a season and he was great, especially with a more fluid philosophy.

I've used Enganche before, it suited Oliver's stats, but it played almost the same as AP only he didn't track back so I changed him back to AP.

I'm leaning towards AM with support duty but wondering which PI's to use to get him in on the goals and assists more?

I'm not at my PC, so don't know whether these are valid but..

Dribble More - On the basis he should get closer to goal / force the defenders to retreat
More Risky Passes - Looking for more ambitious assists

Obviously the big one is how your team is set up to play. If you play a wide game, he's always going to suffer in the respect that more often than not the ball will go wide.

Tielemans is just a beast wherever you put him. :)

Have you considered using a shadow striker role to get your AMC more involved in offense? As for tracking back, you'd need to give individual instructions to tell an AMC to track back to defend. They generally don't in FM 2015.