Help holding on to half-time leads

NatCat

Reaction score
Well, I'm managing Norwich City and I'm having real trouble holding onto leads that I have at half time. Just some examples - HT Norwich 1-0 Cardiff, FT Norwich 1-2 Cardiff. HT Palace 1-2 Norwich, FT Palace 3-2 Norwich. HT Norwich 2-0 Scunthorpe, FT Norwich 2-2 Scunthorpe. HT Norwich 1-0 Boro, FT Norwich 1-3 Boro. I've never had this trouble on any FM before, and now it's really annoying me. I've tried loads of different team talks, and even tried changing my team to go defensive when leading at HT but still this sort of thing happens. Because of this, after my great start to the season I am now battling down at the bottom. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Before going into 2nd half, and during the 2nd half check your players fitness- Tired legs and tired minds = Sloppy mistakes

make sure you add new specific instructions to opposing players when they come on as substitutes. I've had number of subs score against me because I didn't set them to tight marking

Cheers, I'll try them if I'm leading in the next game.

Ask your assist manager about every 20mins (playing time) of the second half. Because he'll also have suggestions if they change tactics.

Tactics - Opposition Instructions - Ask Assistant