Help - I am terrible, need to re learn game, back to basics

graya17

Reaction score
Hi I have played football manager for years since the days of championship manager and football manager live (which i miss a lot).
Over the last few years ive become terrible at this game. Im a leeds fan and like to manage them but cant do anything, get slaughtered all the time.
I'd like some help to know how people set up when starting at a club, formation decisions, roles, training etc
And possibly some idea on how to develop once settled in.

you're leeds and always do rubbish? First of all, I would consider being a better team in Yorkshire, like Hull City :p

Hey mate! here is some advice

First thing I do and this has given me alot of success, I go to Team Report click on All positions from there I see how I should set up my tactic. for example looking how its now my team has great work rate and strenght. Already now I know I will play a more pressing game because of the work rate. Then I click on Defence and by looking at this screen i see my defence has great acceleration and with this I know ill play a higher defensive line with offside trap. And so on I look through the whole team report to set up the best team instruction for my team. By doing this you will have a tactic that works perfectly for the team you have.

After that you need to look to find a sutable formation for the players you have available. This is a great way to create a tactic.

So now comes the hard part the actualy managing part. Pre season and how to set up your training and match preparation. Wich is highly important in fm 13. Also including how to talk to your team. I highly recommed to look through the guides here on the site on how to do team talks and match training. Gonna take to long to explain that here. If you need more help im happy to do so

Thank you muncie
That makes a lot of sence im always trying to create my perfect tactics which obviously dont suite my team!
I'll take a look at the the match prep and team stuff asap
Cheers again

Thank you muncie
That makes a lot of sence im always trying to create my perfect tactics which obviously dont suite my team!
I'll take a look at the the match prep and team stuff asap
Cheers again

Sounds good mate, hope this can bring you success! : ))
and also through the team report you will see where your team needs strengthening. Many managers dont use the options fm 13 gives you because they are so used to play the way they did in the previous versions. I had to forget my experience from the older versions to learn how to new one works. Its a coplicated game hehe