obviously you aim to go up. you can avoid relegation with a newly promoted team its not that hard, if you feel your a **** manager. stay and build for another year

Oh right, thanks for the advice guys. I will let you know if a) I get promoted and b) how I do in the EPL.

And remember, for whatever reason, you might not get this opportunity again - the relegated teams might be unusually good, and if the worst comes to the worst you'll be relegated from the PL again, which the board will forgive you for if your expectation wasn't too high and you go on a good cup run to balance it out - Ie, go above expectations in the cup and it won't matter how you do in the League.

im county and I have gt them to the prem and i am currentyl 8th and not gettin abttered by teams

"Your here as the new manager of Championship side Stockport, what are your ambitions?"

"I want to stay in the Championship for as long as possible an if theres a chance of promotion I'll just jeopardise it, that Premier Leagues well too scary"

Football Managers easy once you get promoted most of the time you can finish mid-table. There are loads of players available of a free and loads of quality player you can loan for the season, you'll do fine and probably be a Legend at Stockport. Its also a challenge.

Promoted via Playoffs (Penalties)

Transfer budget 25mil!!! Not bad considering I'm used to 500k-1mil a season. Doing a Blackpool and conserving most of the cash by avoiding big wage players, spend 8mil pre season, will let you know how it ends.

Other advantages besides your transfer budget get increased.... Your sponsorship will go up as well when your current deal ends. Your stadium can be expanded when it's filled each 2 weeks. Your TV money and money for playing in the PL goes up massively. Only better to promote as fast as possible (which you did in the end i read above) GFY. Have fun in the PL

If anyone is interested it came down to the wire but finished 13th with 39 points (7 points clear of the drop).

Your season will not be as hard as you may think, if you are consistently beating teams in the championship, you will likely do the same in the Premier league. You should aim for promotion and have a rave on loan signings.