Vanderbonnar

Reaction score
im with dortmund always knocked out in last 16.
I have been training the team with a tactic similar to my 4123 but i have dropped the wingers so its more like 4141 and i have instructions set to play narrower, keep structured and for the team to play a fast counter style, and i have personal to play it as i brought in a quality holding midfielder and i already have very fast players.
Iv'e been made joint 5-1 favs to win the CL this year and i wanna make sure i give a better fight and make it to the latter stages.
I'm curious as to what people do tactically, personnel wise etc and how they go about getting to the last 4 , final etc, and what advice they could offer on what has worked for them.
Thank you :)

Last edited:
for me the best formation on fm to dominate is a 4-1-2-2-1 or a 4-2-3-1 with central midfielders this is where you need to focus on building a team around these to styles to dominate across europe but also have a 2 striker tactic on attacking so you got that variety u can use againist teams who are harder to play againist (juventus real madrid barcelona) u need goals vs them

I have been training the team with a tactic similar to my 4123 but i have dropped the wingers so its more like 4141 and i have instructions set to play narrower, keep structured and for the team to play a fast counter style, and i have personal to play it as i brought in a quality holding midfielder and i already have very fast players.
Iv'e been made joint 5-1 favs to win the CL this year and i wanna make sure i give a better fight and make it to the latter stages.
I'm curious as to what people do tactically, personnel wise etc and how they go about getting to the last 4 , final etc, and what advice they could offer on what has worked for them.
I'd recommend having variations of your normal tactic to use in these circumstances, for example change the wingers to be wide playmakers or an inside forward to a rametudeur (SP) or tactically change from low tempo and possession to higher tempo and direct etc... It's these slight variations in style that will send you beyond the rest.

You have your own tactic sorted out but are you looking at the opposition? Look at their group stage fixtures and find out where their weaknesses are. Be thinking about how you can use your strengths to get behind them. The League is all about who's the best team over 9 months, the Champions League is more about who's the best team on the night. If you fail to plan for them, they'll destroy you.

I got to the final using my counter fast flowing narrow formation and going attacking at home and it worked a treat but i got a scare off porto and went through by one goal, next time if i get to a semi i think i might be a bit more cautious.The road to the final was Monaco, Napoli, Porto then i got beat in the final 2-1 of real madrid, it was horrible getting beat and getting so close but thats football, at the time i was so annoyed i was wanting to go back and load and sim until i won it but i didn't do it, i got beat fair and square.

View attachment 266797

Here's my group for the '25-26 season, i will post my success or failures and i'm gonna be using my tactics i got to the final last year. Hopefully i can win it this year.

I wont post every match, just stages so, final group results then overviews of knockout ties to final.