Reaction score
Been playing a save as Chelsea, won quite a bit and found my challenge and desire to keep the game and the save running flagging. The idea at the end was for me to try and get to the top of the English Nationality Hall of fame. About 7th now with 3x Premierships, 3x League Cups, 3 x Community Shields, 2 x FA Cups and one each of a Champions League and the Super Cup. Not bad for 4 seasons, was well up for carrying on and then decided it'd be great to sign Neymar, then realised my current wingers of Hazard and Bale were better, lost interest and resigned in a fit of boredom. Have now joined Lazio, problem is, I've never managed in Italy, I like wingers and I have none, but I have about 1,000,000 strikers who all play in the CF or Tranquiesta role, any advice on decent formations/tactics that could help or what you've found works in Italy would be greatly appreciated as I really want to keep on as Lazio but I just can't find a tactic. So far I've lost to Genoa, Parma, Bologna, Caligari having tried 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 formations. Thanks :)

Try to find Tinkermans Goalscoring Strikeforce somewhere.. it's 4-3-3 with two F9s and a central attacker and it produces a bag of goals.. little leaky defensively though..

Playing in Italy is very tricky and challenging because you face 15 to 19 different formations and most of them is very defensive. I have what you need to win Serie A. I played with Udinese for nine years, winning 7 consecutive titles and playing 4 CL finals while winning last one finally. This is the latest and my most successful tactic for Udinese. I can't guarantee any change will work better because I work on that for seasons to balance as much as possible and non version worked better. I never shared this tactic before. You can try to adopt but I suggest to try it like that first for a few matches.

Also, same tactic but with Advanced Forward and 2 F9 bring me success with France.

Last edited:
Sorry, I upload wrong file. DLP should be on DM position

Playing in Italy is the same as everywhere else. You still have 11 players to field. That tactical basics don't change. It's still the basics of creating using depth/width to create space.

Advice on a decent formation? Try a 4-1-3-2.