Sempra

Reaction score
I edited the money Bury had and added some players to Bury, and when I saved, I overwrote the config file that was there. This was the first time I have ever edited and when I open the game everything is as it used to be. What am I doing wrong?

did you tick the change database box when starting the new game?

I edited the money Bury had and added some players to Bury, and when I saved, I overwrote the config file that was there. This was the first time I have ever edited and when I open the game everything is as it used to be. What am I doing wrong?

Did you tick the box saying "Add changes" or whatever when you started a new game? In fact, did you even start a new game? If not, then unfortunately, you need to!

Did you tick the box saying "Add changes" or whatever when you started a new game? In fact, did you even start a new game? If not, then unfortunately, you need to!

Yes I started a new game but I cant find the change database thing?

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

did you tick the change database box when starting the new game?

No, I cant find it?

then you will get a screen similar to this and you tick the one you want and untick any others
View attachment 108809

Okay, but I dont understand what to press for this whole "choose Database" thing to show up.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Oh I found it, But I cant press it, It's grey?

Okay, but I dont understand what to press for this whole "choose Database" thing to show up.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Oh I found it, But I cant press it, It's grey?

When you saved your editor data, did you save it to the right place?

User>Documents>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2010>editor data

When you saved your editor data, did you save it to the right place?

User>Documents>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2010>editor data

Oh Sh** I replaced it with a "config" file?

Oh Sh** I replaced it with a "config" file?

I'm not sure what that is, but if you try and save it again to where I said, then see if it works. If not, you'll need to ask Trivaldo99 about the config thing as I'm unsure.

Goddamnit.... But do you have an idea why I cant click on the Choose database thing, It's just grey? :(

because there isnt any to choose from

you must not have saved it properly. when you save something from the editor it gets saved as an XML file or a DBC file and automatically gets saved into the editor data file

if the only file you have in the editor data file is the config XML then you havent saved any edited files.
do NOT delete the config XML

you will need to do the changes again in the editor and when you save click save as so that you can name it. name it bury or something like that. whan saved and exited from the editor just have a little look in the editor data file (User>Documents>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2010>editor data ) to see if it has been saved there. if ot is there then the change tick box wont be greyed out when starting a new game

Last edited:
because there isnt any to choose from

you must not have saved it properly. when you save something from the editor it gets saved as an XML file or a DBC file and automatically gets saved into the editor data file

if the only file you have in the editor data file is the config XML then you havent saved any edited files.
do NOT delete the config XML

you will need to do the changes again in the editor and when you save click save as so that you can name it. name it bury or something like that. whan saved and exited from the editor just have a little look in the editor data file (User>Documents>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2010>editor data ) to see if it has been saved there. if ot is there then the change tick box wont be greyed out when starting a new game

Oh no, I deleted the config xml, but now it works, but i have another problem now, I cant choose England. I mean I cant choose teams from England. Like Englands doesn't exist?

Oh no, I deleted the config xml, but now it works, but i have another problem now, I cant choose England. I mean I cant choose teams from England. Like Englands doesn't exist?

Then I think that problems because of your editing. What exactly did you edit in the game?

then there is a problem with the number of teams in a division, either too many or not enough - have you moved teams around?

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

post up the xml file and i could have a look at it for you