TonyMontanaFM

Reaction score
I'm looking to build a Pulis type tactic for my Millwall side any suggestions on how to replicate it?

I would tend to favour counter as with Millwall you will be on the back foot for much of the games in the championship, but you have the capability to break with pace quite regularly. Would play a deeper line too, defensive wingers who do the hard graft getting forward and tracking back. Formation wise either a 4411 or straightforward 442 would probably be the way to go. Will be interesting to see how you get on. Makes a refreshing change to see someone trying something a bit different. Good luck mate.

I would tend to favour counter as with Millwall you will be on the back foot for much of the games in the championship, but you have the capability to break with pace quite regularly. Would play a deeper line too, defensive wingers who do the hard graft getting forward and tracking back. Formation wise either a 4411 or straightforward 442 would probably be the way to go. Will be interesting to see how you get on. Makes a refreshing change to see someone trying something a bit different. Good luck mate.
This is what I have so far, unsure whether to have full backs as LFD or too add a creative player... Also, would attacking work more effectively than counter?
View attachment 402881

Ive made a decent route 1 tactic thats taken me into the league 1 playoff places with Mansfield in a season and a half. 4-4-1-1 with an attacking midfielder playing off a targetman. PPM plays with back to goal is important. Both FB set to defend. I use attack mentality but Im a little frail defensively so still trying to find the right formula despite reasonable success.

Ive made a decent route 1 tactic thats taken me into the league 1 playoff places with Mansfield in a season and a half. 4-4-1-1 with an attacking midfielder playing off a targetman. PPM plays with back to goal is important. Both FB set to defend. I use attack mentality but Im a little frail defensively so still trying to find the right formula despite reasonable success.
I'm attempting to sign Heskey, he has good stats for a TM at championship level and has the back to goal PPM. I was also wondering if a keeper with a high kicking attribute would be handy?

Ive got mainly a Conference side so most attributes are pretty poor. Ive dramatically over achieved with the players I have. I suppose at Championship level a good kicking attribute might be useful, but I'm noy overly keen because the likelihood of your target man winning it and doing anything useful with it are slim at best and a lot of Championship teams will slaughter you in possession. I'd have your defenders collect and exploit flanks to bring wingers into play.

Ive got mainly a Conference side so most attributes are pretty poor. Ive dramatically over achieved with the players I have. I suppose at Championship level a good kicking attribute might be useful, but I'm noy overly keen because the likelihood of your target man winning it and doing anything useful with it are slim at best and a lot of Championship teams will slaughter you in possession. I'd have your defenders collect and exploit flanks to bring wingers into play.
I'm struggling, possession wise were fine. But we're not attempting enough shots on goal... I'm considering changing full backs to wing backs instead with the cross from deep/ cross more often on PI as we only look dangerous from crosses as theres hardly any creativity in the midfield, but feel this will effect our defence... Not sure how to go about it

5 league games, 4 clean sheets and 1 goal conceded!
things are looking outstanding so far, mate

post up more results as you get on with your season, i'm wanting to start a Newcastle Jets save soon (Heskey up front) and interested in pulis-style tactics (if they're even called tactics..)

post up more results as you get on with your season, i'm wanting to start a Newcastle Jets save soon (Heskey up front) and interested in pulis-style tactics (if they're even called tactics..)
I finished in 4th place didn't achieve promotion and got to the Quarters in Capital One beat L'pool 3-2 along the way, I then tested it with Stoke struggled first few games against the big teams but picked it up...
View attachment 400965

Here's the tactic, see if it works for you?