Help managing an international team and a club

tulliver

Reaction score
I got a request from England to become their manager a while back but I rejected because I was happy managing the club and it was August so I'd just brought in some new players. Then I told my mate yesterday (came up in conversation) and he told me that I could've managed both if I'd accepted! Is that true? I can't find out anywhere and feel gutted that I missed out on managing but my club and country :L

Yep, you can manage both Club & Country on FM11. Although, I find it a bit of a chore managing both, I suppose it stops International Management from becoming completly zzz.

yes you could mate, but u'll find it hard to manage the international team.

since they come from different clubs, it will take a month or so to be in the flow. for the firist moth, i had my ***.man. do teh fixtures, match pep, and selection

So, you don't have to do anything special - just apply for an international job or accept an international job offer?

Juggling club and national roles isn't that difficult - or only when you are managing a national team that have a high World Rankings status. Other than that, when it comes to managing the national team, it's just the matter of looking at the best formidable line-up via player form for their club or what is recommended by the Assistant Manager and looking at the reports. Then, playing the matches and going back to the club job.

Of course it isn't a walk in a fresh meadow, but it's nothing really. An international job by itself is just a matter of holidaying, picking players and playing matches. Rises your reputation far quicker too.

What is tough, well, maybe not tough but tedious is managing an under squad. You have no control other then your roster/tactics, and even then your stuck with the leftovers from the higher clubs (I was managing Wales U-19). No control over hiring means you have no scout of your own to use so I was stuck going back and forth between club and international to get my club scouts to scout out players for the national team. No Assistant coach either so I could not sort players by the asst opinion like I normally did with my club. A few other annoyances as well... I wont be trying that again.

What is tough, well, maybe not tough but tedious is managing an under squad. You have no control other then your roster/tactics, and even then your stuck with the leftovers from the higher clubs (I was managing Wales U-19). No control over hiring means you have no scout of your own to use so I was stuck going back and forth between club and international to get my club scouts to scout out players for the national team. No Assistant coach either so I could not sort players by the asst opinion like I normally did with my club. A few other annoyances as well... I wont be trying that again.

Yeah this is the real downside of this game imho. National teams should have their own scouts suggesting new findings just like the club scouts do. It's just a pain in the *** if you take up a new national team job and have to click to every **** league to try and find any suitable players. And using the club scouts there is a big chance to miss the best players unless you are at a top notch club with extreme scout knowledge. This is what makes the national jobs no fun, so I stopped taking them.

A side question here, kinda relevant...
There are a couple of International posts available, it's January 2012 (I'm with Arsenal), but there is no option for me to apply for a post for International job.
I got a message saying "Morocco need a manager", specifically "and are welcoming applications", as well as a vacancy in the Czech U21 seat as well. Both posts appear in the Job Centre screen, but I can only apply to be QPR manager, not either of the national team spots. Is it because there's a time delay on it, or am I not allowed for some reason? Is there only a set period in which you can apply for National jobs compared to domestic ones?

I currently manage Arsenal And Serbia offered me the job and I decided to take it based on the fact that if i manage to get any success i beleive my reputation will rise a lot quicker. I am new to it tho and i am looking forward to the challenge. It makes the game a little more interesting as well.I cant wait till my first game comes.