tm10adp

Reaction score
Hello. I've started a career with Juve and made my own 4231, winger based formation. Attacking-wise it's going well, my only concern is the positioning and movement of my defenders. I've SS some mistakes from 2 games:

1. Vs Inter - awayView attachment 69092View attachment 69091View attachment 69090View attachment 69087

I was using a standard mentality, all other SS are accurate. My problem is with my fullbacks' positioning; I want them to stay closer to the opposing player and positions himself between the goal and the OP, not between the OP and the ball.
2. Vs Chievo - away View attachment 69076

The same problem; attacking mentality, same SS for DL as #1.

3. Vs Milan - awayView attachment 69074View attachment 69073View attachment 69072View attachment 69071View attachment 69070

First 4 pictures show how my fullbacks got beat by OP, OP that have OI "close down". Last picture shows how their striker sits unmarked between my 2 CBs and then goes t score from there.

I know 2 of 3 games are tough opposition but this happens with other lesser teams too. This situations are from normal attacking play, not fast counterattack. I've seen successful tactics who don't use OIs...am I wrong to use them? Should I use "close down more" as these tactics use? I don't want the FBs to be exposed and get pulled out of the defensive line?

I tried man-marking with tighter marking for the FBs with little success. Should I use man marking for my wingers too so they would contribute some to defending?

Any ideas would do much good here. Thanks!

Defense

Hi,

I had alot of problems with defense, but with my new tactic I’m very happy!
Can you please try it out and give me feedback of your results and defense play.

Hope it helps. I have never played as good in defense as of now.

Look up my tactic. It’s called 4-2-3-1 Return of the Red Devils.
All instructions are there.

Hello. Thanks for your reply. The problem with your tactic is that you use IF instead of Wingers, thing I cannot do because of the wingers at my disposal and I want to use wingers because the attack play is very good. You also use Full backs on attack because of IF, thing I can't do also. If you actually played the games and didn't go on vacation, how are your full backs defending? Do you have a back 4 or is it more like 2-3 defenders max?

Hello. Thanks for your reply. The problem with your tactic is that you use IF instead of Wingers, thing I cannot do because of the wingers at my disposal and I want to use wingers because the attack play is very good. You also use Full backs on attack because of IF, thing I can't do also. If you actually played the games and didn't go on vacation, how are your full backs defending? Do you have a back 4 or is it more like 2-3 defenders max?

Just set IF to W(S). My tactic is very fluid, so the team will stay compact and help out in defense :)