Reaction score
I am in my 3rd season at Bayern, and I have met Messi's release clause after selling Lewandowski (free) and Gomez for 50m and 60m each. Messi had a great debut with me as an attacking CF, he scored 4 goals in a Champions League game. However, his performances have been very disappointing to his standards. Before he joined me, his seasons would average a rating of about 8. But now it's hovering at 7.5, and his goal scoring ability has really fell, only like 5 goals in 10+ matches. I am playing a 4-2-3-1, with 2 wingers (hazard and shaqiri), a ACM (Mueller, a 5 star regen, and Kroos), a DLP (schweini/Pogba) with alaba/lahm on my wings. Any advice??

I have been winning matches extremely comfortably, except 1 game where I lost to Hoffenheim 1-0. I am 12-1-1 with 46 goals for and 5 goals against. But I'd like to get some of those goals to Messi instead (my real life favorite player.) I already have him set as a target man, fed by anyone. I also have Hazard set with run with ball often. Anyone have any advice to offer? Help me turn Messi from the good player he is being for me now into the freak he was at Barcelona! (I should note, he had an ACL tear which had him out for a season before I bought him. But his stats dropped by 1, max.

Players always take time to adapt to a foreign country, not to mention different football styles. German and spanish are a bit different in my opinion. Give him some time. My players always start giving their best starting with season 2 (bought players).

I should also mention that in some games, he gets 2, 3 clear cut chances and a few half chances, but he seems to be missing sitters. maybe I should work on team cohesion or something?

team cohesion would be a good idea and wait til second season because i bought cavani and he was rubbish for his standards and getting injured twice for 3 months 6 months in total didnt help but in his second season he was on fire scoring 45 goals in all competitions

You have to play him as a DLF or a Trequartista. Make him come down deep to get the ball almost like an attacking midfielder and he can dribble his way past almost any defenders to score. Don't play him up front as a target man. Another option is to pair him with a poacher in a 4-4-2 with him as the support man.

team cohesion would be a good idea and wait til second season because i bought cavani and he was rubbish for his standards and getting injured twice for 3 months 6 months in total didnt help but in his second season he was on fire scoring 45 goals in all competitions

how did you use him?

You have to play him as a DLF or a Trequartista. Make him come down deep to get the ball almost like an attacking midfielder and he can dribble his way past almost any defenders to score. Don't play him up front as a target man. Another option is to pair him with a poacher in a 4-4-2 with him as the support man.

I'm playing him as a ST as a CF. Currently running a 4-1-1-3-1 with Shaqiri/Hazard on the wing. Anyways, my team is blowing out everyone, I just want the goals to shift to Messi :D it's just that he's missing all these half and clear cut chances that's annoying me