Go for Southampton! They have the players that can chomp up League One but once you get to the Championship, things start to get harder and thats where the fun begins. It brings me great satisfaction to bring back a big club onto the Premier League. (H)

i want to make a team that has a small stadium go up as i want to help them upgrade and become greats

thats if i do england again....

I would highly recommend a journeyman save. I always start a new FM with a Liverpool save as I support them but I do occassionaly get bored (this is sometimes through over-achievement or under-achievement). So I load as many leagues as my computer allows and start with a reputation as Sunday League. Usually I will start managing someone in the Duth 2nd Division or something like that but if I take my time and dont try to steamroller through then I find I can move up the leagues and teams fairly quickly. I would aim to stay at a team for at least a season before thinking of moving on. That way everything feels fresh and you have the time to concentrate on bettering the team you are currently at.

This always works for me :)

I started by managing an already succesful team for 3/4 seasons then moved on to more challenges once I had got the jist of it. Resigned from Inter and went to Utrecht who were struggling in releagtion, did a season and a half with them then got an offer from Sporting CP, currently doing alright with them, trying to win them their first silverware for years.

i need help getting into a long game i always quit after i find i reason not to like my team such as : Badge,Kits,Colours,Name etc.

The longest i have had a game was 3 seasons with Huddersfield which i really enjoyed and i got to the EPL but i cant get into a game since it corrupted any help getting into a game would be great thanks!

What I have done pal, because I had the same problem, I kept getting bored aswell, I have created my own team using the editor.
I gave them a reputation of 800 (The lowest in the league). I gave them a chairman who had poor finances. My aim? To get to the very top of course! I have gave myself a 15 year time limit to do this, but I am enjoying it that much, I am just gonna carry on until I retire or get sacked! Its really hard work but really fun when you do this. I am currently 4th in the BSP first season.
Made me fall back in love with the game! :wub:

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Go for Southampton! They have the players that can chomp up League One but once you get to the Championship, things start to get harder and thats where the fun begins. It brings me great satisfaction to bring back a big club onto the Premier League. (H)

Agree, Southampton are a fantastic team to manage. Great players and greater potential. Disgaree with it harder in th Champ, as I had 2 back to promotions, and then finished 14th in the Prem first season. Might just be me though.

Ok guys i started with Raith Rovers (Local Team) going to try and get them into the CL and if any tempting offers come my way ill will have a serious thing other leagues i have : England(down to npower league 2), Spain(Liga BBVA), Italy(Serie A) and Scotland (down to divison 3)

Thanks for all the help!

---------- Post added at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:06 PM ----------

Little update i went with Rangers in the end done 2 seasons got a little bored resigned and am now managing Austria and having fun thanks everyone that helped!

Ok guys i started with Raith Rovers (Local Team) going to try and get them into the CL and if any tempting offers come my way ill will have a serious thing other leagues i have : England(down to npower league 2), Spain(Liga BBVA), Italy(Serie A) and Scotland (down to divison 3)

Thanks for all the help!

---------- Post added at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:06 PM ----------

Little update i went with Rangers in the end done 2 seasons got a little bored resigned and am now managing Austria and having fun thanks everyone that helped!

If you are struggling to stay focused in a game, You could possibly right a story on it. It certainly kept me more tuned into the game. I know it sounds stupid but it does actually keep you very interested. Also some tasks such as with Rangers or Celtic making your team scottish players only is interesting or in the english prem you could do all english teams only.

You really can't dislike games because you don't like badges or kits and if you do there are many graphical designers on this forum who i;m sure if you go into their requests they will be happy to make Badges & new kits for you to impliment into the game. And the best thing to do when making games especially if you start in scotland is definately to have other countrys loaded I normally go with the following

Scotland (division 2), Spain (the 2nd divison one), Italy (seria B), Germany (second division) France (2nd div) England (League 2) and even sometimes Portugal. and that means you can move around countrys and teams.

You could also try and Emulate managers such as Jose Mourinho, Walter smith, Bobby Robson etc which could be something you enjoy.

Dont start one.

The new patch is out sometime next week

I have the exact same problem!..and i think i can help but first how often do you play the game?

I think the key to really getting into the game, is to not ignore any part of the game.

eg. I used to have the same problem. For me it was because, I was only really concentrating on the transfer part of the game. This meant as soon as one window was over, all I wanted was the next one to come along. Now I pay more attention to every aspect, especially the training where you can tweak every individuals schedule, so that they improve on the aspects which you want a player in their position to be good at, but he himself isn't good at. Also focus on hiring a complete backroom staff, try to eventually build a team of 5 star coaches. Put a lot of thought into your tactics. Use the creator first of all, to define each players role as a base for how to play them. NEVER leave it there though, every players settings should be tweaked appropriately over time, so that the team as a collective ends up playing the football you want.

The purpose of all this is that you feel like you've put a lot into the game and will be less likely to want to quit the game.