mrjack41

Reaction score
I'm playing as Wigan and I'm only round two weeks into the save but my counter tactic is not creating enough chances. (Screenshots will be attached at end of post).

It's a 4-2-2-2 with two DM's and an MR and ML. Team Instructions:

Fluid
Counter
More Direct
More Agressive
Man marking
Rest are default.

Full back's are set to defend and winger's are set to Winger - Attack. Upfront I have a supporting deep-lying forward and an advanced forward.

Not sure whether to focus play down the wings so when we launch our counter-attack we give it to the wingers who carry it upfield with their pace and dribbling and then either cross, through ball, or shoot themselves.

Thoughts?

Maybe try to play shorter or get super fast/tall strikers.
Only got 800k of my transfer budget left? Anyone you particularly reccomend, I have Rodallega who is fine as an advanced forward and I might turn the deep-lying forward into a supporting target man.

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

Any help? :/

defend deep to draw them on to you, have minimal closing down
did this to good effect with reading

robson kanu, kebe, long on the counter = rape

Set all deffenders closing down right at the edge of Own area and Own half (must be in Own Area) put one of youre Def Mid in CM position and And make him run from deep at rarely then youre Winger move them into AMR/L position so they can stay up on the pitch for a counter(dont worry they come somewhere near the 30m zone at defending) and all of youre attacking players must have Run from deep often.See if it works