HELP ME ! I'M DYING HERE !

4ntonio

Aug 12, 2011
This game is really getting on my nerves. I can't understant how this game works. I'm with Man Utd and I want to play a quick, attacking football, something like Borussia Dortmund and I'm doing verry well at home but away my team is AWFUL. These are my tactics :

Home :

View attachment 426983

Away :

View attachment 426981

As you can see away from home I'm trying to play a more direct game, with quick transition from back to front but it's not working.

Here you can see my results so far :

View attachment 426980

Please give me some advices on my tactics.

Jun 28, 2010
You've lost 2, drew 2, i wouldn't say that's AWFUL lol
but i'll say a team like united doesnt need to change to more direct just because they are playing away imo.
Again a team like united doesnt really sit back and counter just because they are away, unless your are playing a team like chelsea or man city, but even then i still use attack, and get results, my tactic is similar to yours.

I'd also say change Dembele to a BBM for me he is banging in goals and assists that way

4ntonio

Aug 12, 2011
Well, as you can see that's not my first season at United. In my first, I've also tried to go attacking away but the results were worse. I just conceded to many goals, especially in the late stages of the match. Maybe my defence is the problem, as I play a normal line, I should set Vidic to LD - Stopper and Balanta as CD - Cover ?

Jun 28, 2010
Well, as you can see that's not my first season at United. In my first, I've also tried to go attacking away but the results were worse. I just conceded to many goals, especially in the late stages of the match. Maybe my defence is the problem, as I play a normal line, I should set Vidic to LD - Stopper and Balanta as CD - Cover ?
I'd play both as CD Vidic to stopper, and Balanta as Cover see how that works for you, when i play away from home against an attacking team i usually set drop deeper because those through balls can do a lot of damage specially VS Chelsea

Sinnott99

Feb 12, 2012
I would say for the away games sart with instruction "drop deeper" since the opposition usually are more attacking when you are away from home. But maybe if it is against a weeker team despite being away i would select "push higher up"