Help me improve my tactic (Very inconsistent results after one bad result)

No7Lukeee

Reaction score
I've been playing a save with my beloved Liverpool

Last year I only downloaded tactics, This year it seemed pointless to me, So I've strayed away from downloading tactics and I'm really determined to make my own tactics work.

This is what I came up with, This is also my first team I use in most games when able -

RZsTpkF.jpg

I went unbeaten in friendlies and only conceded 2 goals in 10 friendlies, I was pretty happy with that.

The season started really well with 8 wins from 10, With 2 losses coming against big opposition (Man City & Chelsea) . Which I expected -
CftXYiv.jpg

I then came up against Arsenal in the Carling Cup, I wasn't too bothered about this game and I had an important game after so I let a few youngsters out, Bad mistake this turned out to be, I got thumped 4-2 and from then on my results have been extremely inconsistent, Conceding a lot more and players frequently making stupid mistakes -
Tuvp4u1.jpg

It looks like this result has completely turned my season up side down, Key players are extremely under-performing. Take a look at Sturridge's statistics so far (Playing as an AF/P/CF, Tried everything) -
0lMc8zI.jpg

Luckily I have Lewandowski coming in on a free next season, So Sturridge will probably be sold.

I'm expected to finish in a continental spot, And I seriously feel I'm going to get sacked very soon.

Has anyone got any suggestions?
Thanks for your time!

This just sums up my season to be honest, Absolutely dominated from the first second.

I had 22 shots of which 13 were on target, They had 5 shots of which 3 where on target.

Pzuos6H.jpg

I lost 2-0...

You need to review your players roles. For instance, why do you use two CDs without offside trap ??? Why do use an IF in the left side cutting inside where you have a CF occupying the same space ??? You don't have midfield... and as you might know, midfield is where you win matches.

You need to review your players roles. For instance, why do you use two CDs without offside trap ??? Why do use an IF in the left side cutting inside where you have a CF occupying the same space ??? You don't have midfield... and as you might know, midfield is where you win matches.

What would you recommend I change?

Thanks

Have to say I'm not liking that formation very much. With a few minor changes I'd try moving the f9 to am position as a treq. or ss. Change lw to play as winger/a and rw to ap/s. Might wanna tone down the fluidity and mentality one step each.

This will give you diffrent approaches on each wing. Lw able to beat his man and lay off crosses to the cf and on right flank you have the cf, treq, ap and bbm using a more creative play.

If you want to play a 442 formation set you need wingers... not IFs. And FBs supporting the wingers.
You are playing a very fluid philosophy and ask players to be more expressive. Does your players have the mental attributes to play like this ??? These are questions that you need to ask yourself when setting a tactic.