Help me with his (players not scoring)

JDvzs

Reaction score
So I've been getting SO many games like this:

View attachment 313575 View attachment 313574

We create a ton of chances, dominate the match the whole 90 min but still no goals... I usually don't mess around in training, just leave it in general settings all season (except for when I sign lots of players or in the fitness build-up phase).

I understand this is something that could happen in real life, but I get too many games like these, not just agaisnt M.City but also agaisnt some weaker teams.

I usually go for an attacking mentality with more direct passing.

Any ideas on how to solve this would be appreciated

Last edited:
What finishing, composure, anticipation, decisions, technique, long shots and positions are your players?

Why not set attacking movement match prep. and attacking training? Give your strikers individual training on an attribute listed above that they aren't that good at.

Encourage your players during private chats, or warn them if it goes on too long.

You've still scored the second most in the league and your sitting top so its no MAJOR issue. Just keep sticking at it! :)

They have pretty good stats mate, we're talking about Sturridge, Balotelli and Munir. I thought about the Att. Movement training but I'm scared that it will cost me in defence but I'll give it a try!

You're right about that last part but it's just frustrating when you can win a game by 3-0 (maybe even more) and end up with results like that... Thanks

What finishing, composure, anticipation, decisions, technique, long shots and positions are your players?

Why not set attacking movement match prep. and attacking training? Give your strikers individual training on an attribute listed above that they aren't that good at.

Encourage your players during private chats, or warn them if it goes on too long.

You've still scored the second most in the league and your sitting top so its no MAJOR issue. Just keep sticking at it! :)

I find myself justifying the game with that same sentence "well im still top, so its fine" truth is, its not fine. I am at work so cant post screenshots but I have had games where I could (Should?) of scored 5/6 goals but end up with a 0-0 or 1-0 or something. I can get games where I hit the woodwork 3+ times quite consistently as well.

Just wish FM could program the ME properly so that they wouldnt have to gimp strikers to the point where they cant hit the target from inside the box 8/10 times.

I find myself justifying the game with that same sentence "well im still top, so its fine" truth is, its not fine. I am at work so cant post screenshots but I have had games where I could (Should?) of scored 5/6 goals but end up with a 0-0 or 1-0 or something. I can get games where I hit the woodwork 3+ times quite consistently as well.

Just wish FM could program the ME properly so that they wouldnt have to gimp strikers to the point where they cant hit the target from inside the box 8/10 times.

Its not players poor finishing that needs tweaking though man, it's the amount of chances teams create. In most of my games i'm having 30+ shots at goal. Because of this, they need to make strikers miss more chances or we'll be seeing cricket scores. If they reduced the amount of chances created in a typical game and buffed up the finishing it would be much more enjoyable as a result.

But as the user has no control over this currently, you just have to look at positives as there's not too much more you can do.