Kaarto7

Reaction score
Hello. Initially I am looking for the basic errors I am making in my tactic. So if you can offer any fundamentals that I'm doing wrong with this tactic then please help me out.

View attachment 323814

Just tried to make a basic 4-2-3-1 and I can't buy a win. Also, since this screenshot I've changed my full backs to a support duty rather than a defend duty. I've also changed the left winger to an inside forward support duty.

Is it necessary to add mentalities etc. for your team to play decently?

Last edited:
Set the team instructions. Tactics rarely work without them. Now since your team is trying to play to a tall target man and beat everyone in the air, I would recommend you change your striker to an advanced forward because he's more of a goalscorer than a target man. Make both wingers have an attack duty and the fullbacks have support duties. Next, change your advanced playmaker to a support duty (although an attacking midfielder would be better) and make one centre mid a deep lying playmaker or roaming midfielder because we need creativity. Leave the other one as a centre mid on a defend duty. Now team instructions. I'd recommend more direct passing, higher tempo, exploit the flanks and get stuck in. If your defenders aren't too soow, use push higher up as well as offside trap. If your striker is really good in the air, go route one would be a sensible option. If he's fast and good in the air, whipped crosses. If he is slow and good in the air, float crosses and hit early crosses. If he isn't good in the air, drill crosses. Just try to play to the strengths of your team.

THe most basic errors i see are no support from the FB position and lack of team instructions. Also one tactic is hardly enough, even if u were in the year 2025 with Portadown, stacked with world class players.
My biggest advice would be to go on the sigames community forum and read a bunch of guides in the tactics part of the forum.

fullbacks have support duties.

Already done if you look at the bottom of my post. Thanks for the rest of the advice though, definitely stuff I'll look to put in.

I would recommend you change your striker to an advanced forward because he's more of a goalscorer than a target man. Now team instructions. I'd recommend more direct passing, higher tempo, exploit the flanks and get stuck in. If your striker is really good in the air, go route one would be a sensible option. If he's fast and good in the air, whipped crosses. If he is slow and good in the air, float crosses and hit early crosses. If he isn't good in the air, drill crosses. Just try to play to the strengths of your team.

So, I have one 195cm striker and one 167cm striker. So for the 195cm striker he is fast and good in the air, so whipped crosses and exploit the flanks will work fine. For the 167cm striker though, he is obviously tiny but he has a better core heading stat than the other striker. So do I still use exploit the wings but use drill crosses, or should I use a variation of the tactic where I use exploit the middle or something to accommodate the smaller striker?

My biggest advice would be to go on the sigames community forum and read a bunch of guides in the tactics part of the forum.

Sorry, I should have done that even before making this thread. Not sure why I didn't think of that. Will do.

I'd still recommend whipped crosses and exploit flanks, post screenshots of the players please so that we can determine which roles are needed