michaelberry

Reaction score
Just ended the 2014/15 season, had been with Newcastle since 2012/13 season and won the league before complete domination from City the year after. Realised with the 10m a year backing from Ashley I wasn't going to be able to go any further due to other clubs spending 5 times as much every year. Applied for the Arsenal job after they suffered a horrendous year which I ended up being able to finish in 10th with them from about 15 games. Anyways in the summer, signed Isco for 30m and Abate for 12 and still have about 50m left to spend. Need a centre half and a centre midfielder who is more defensive minded as I have numerous attacking options. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Need to bare in mind, no European football to offer them but money will be able to attract them (hence how I got Isco)

Also signed Lacina Traore on loan with option to buy to provide competition for Giroud but another striker would also be helpful

Victor wanyama is an option you can look at. Lars bender and Fellaini too. You might want to look at Dede or kurt zouma for centre back...

what does your team look like?
send a screen shot of your defence...

have a look at Hummels-finest CB... Salvatore Bocchetti... Hector Moreno... Mateo Musacchio... they might cost 15-25m though!
Ryan Shawcross is apparently good too.
Wanyama would be an excellent capture, but now that you are in 2015/16, prices might be +/-...

other CB options-
Stefan De Vrij
Bruno Martins Indi
Douglas
Howedes
JAMES TOMKINS (HG)
MICAH RICHARDS- might be a cheap option if still at City
Jores Okore
PAPADOPOULOS- beast!
Adil Rami
Kjaer/Joel Matip/ Jordi Amat/Zapata/Otamendi/Bassong
Else check the transfer list, search for CB's with marking and tackling at 15...
u might get nice CB & DM-CM...

CM-
Radja Nainggolan
Yann M'Vila
Goretzka
Tomas Rincon
Adam Vass
Mokotjo
Jonas Svensson
Kara
Stefan Reinartz
Capoue
Gonalons
Charles Kabore
Danilo

Honestly speaking... My Arsenal best back four line up for my 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17... Has always been Kos on the left, verm and mertesacker centre and corchia right... Now things in my 2017/18 season are different after some of my youth team player have step up and also I got mattia di sciglio at a cheap 11m and hes 4 star rated and have been performing 7.5 rating every match minimum. But I can assure you dede and kurt zouma is pure world class... Honestly the best centre back you can have at the 2015/16 season if mertesacker have been constantly playing, he would have been the best. But if you say arsenal has fallen down that much on your save... I guess those great defenders arsenal originally had are gone. Thats why I reccomend dede and kurt zouma... Both can secure your defense for till they retire. Fellaini, wanyama and lars bender are absolutely great defensive minded midfielder. Fellaini is good defensively and knows how and when to go forward, so if you're looking for a cm who is able to do both, fellaini might be a good capture. Wanyama and Bender, they are very much more defensive minded. Sorry that this post is long...