becheren

Reaction score
Currently I'm playing with FC Copenhagen in my third season and I'm beginning to have the opportunity to sign better players, so naturally I have to pay them bigger wages every week.

The problem is, that it seems like my club cannot keep up financially with my clubs success and its need to sign better players. Even though I only use a little more than half of my wage budget every week, I'm not able to gain any profit. It is not that big of a problem at the moment, because of bonus money from the Champions League, but it cannot go on like this forever.

Do I need a different approach on things? Maybe wait a little longer before i start signing better players? What do you suggest?

I think you have to ask yourself is your team playing better and winning more tropheys with the new better players or is your success still pretty similar to what you had with the previous players? If the answer is the success is the same then you don't need the better players all they are doing is costing you money you don't have. Another way of looking at is that you could keep spending a little bit more money in buying better players with your club unable to make a profit and eventually your chairman may sell the club if you keep making a loss and are in the red.

You should look to improve players with potential rather then buying expensive players until your league/club rating has improved a fair bit. When managing smaller clubs such as Copehagen I'd always look to sign good young players on a season loan with the option to buy for a set fee at the end of the loan. You can get some good deals this way. If you loan them off top tier teams you can get away with only paying 25-50% of their wages for that season. Also look at reserve sides in the premiership, Spanish league etc. Some good players wasting away that would sign for you if promised first team action.

This is the best way to build up the better teams in low ranked leagues.

Last edited:
its kinda irritating isn't it, though? when you have a strong squad to keep winning your league, but then its nowhere near good enough to win the champions league...i do understand why that might make people wanna spend more on better players...but since the revenue of these clubs are also low..it kinda becomes hard to manage financially

I look for reserve players that are in the last year of their contract, take them on a season long loan and they usually sign at the end of the season. It helps if they play enough and the team has a chance of moving up. If you already made promotion then it is pretty much a done deal, haven't had one (done this about 6 times) not come back. They are usually much better than what I could afford initially as the transfer fees were something I couldn't pay. During the season their parent team pays some of the wages. They are on the younger side but it has worked out pretty well.

You should look to improve players with potential rather then buying expensive players until your league/club rating has improved a fair bit. When managing smaller clubs such as Copehagen I'd always look to sign good young players on a season loan with the option to buy for a set fee at the end of the loan. You can get some good deals this way. If you loan them off top tier teams you can get away with only paying 25-50% of their wages for that season. Also look at reserve sides in the premiership, Spanish league etc. Some good players wasting away that would sign for you if promised first team action.

This is the best way to build up the better teams in low ranked leagues.

Thanks for the advice! I think it will come in handy in this and my future games.