cookson2011

Reaction score
I posted a message yesterday in general discussion saying my laptop won't recognise my FM11 that came yesterday. FM10 works fine, i tried 3 DVD films and they all work fine but my laptop doesn't read FM11. So, someone cleverly and simply pointed out that i can play it via steam. Ok, so i downloaded and installed steam, activated the game and installed it via steam. At 22:30pm last night, i logged in to steam and realised it was open and i could play it. So, i clicked play and a message came up saying opening fm11 etc etc then my laptop crashed and re-started. I got the blue screen and lots of writing before re-starting. I tried it again but the same thing happened. I wiped my system, re-installed windows, re-installed steam but the same thing happened again.

So, i can't install the game with the DVD as my laptop doesn't like it and i cant play it via steam.

My laptop specs are more than capable of playing FM11 so i know it isn't that and why it won't read my DVD i don't know as it reads FM10 and various DVD films.

I'm so annoyed at the moment. I am close to crying. I've stamped my feet so many times i think i am close to going down in to the cellar. I need HELP!!!!

:'(

if your OS is abit knackered, try reinstalling it? lol

I've done this 3 times. I did it before i installed FM so it was all clean and i've done it twice since. It just doesn't want to know. I am beginning to think my FM11 DVD is blank!!! If i knew people where i lived or had family here i'd ask them to check it but i'm a loner :$

contact the company that you purchased the DVD from! what OS are you running? if you have paid to download it via Steam, contact Steam! dont throw a tantrum, there are many ways to fixing a problem ;)

contact the company that you purchased the DVD from! what OS are you running? if you have paid to download it via Steam, contact Steam! dont throw a tantrum, there are many ways to fixing a problem ;)

I got the DVD from Amazon. I installed via steam using the ref number from my purchase so i didnt pay steam anything. Also, i am using Vista but i have XP somewhere. I'll wipe my laptop for the 4th time but install XP, see if it works via steam with that because no matter what my OS is, my laptop wont read my DVD.

Thanks for your help, i'll report back with my XP findings.

probably a faulty disk...but should be ok with steam? i've used steam on previous versions of fm, like 10 was my last. just now use the dvd, its easier than steam plus i dont like it lol

I found my XP disc, uninstaled Vista and installed XP, but i couldn't get my Sky wireless to connect to the internet, nor through my ethernet cable. It got beyond a joke. So, now i got Vista back on and i am re-installing FM11 on steam. Hopefully it will work. I've had FM11 since Thursday morning at 9:26am and i am yet to play it.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:03 PM ----------

I have finally got it working. I installed Windows 7, got a new Steam download and installed that. Put FM back on Steam and it worked. I think my Vista and the installation package i had for Steam were corrupt. All is ok now and i can play FM11. Finally after having my game since Thursday at 09:26am (80 hours approx it was).

Thanks everyone who helped.