Help Needed At The Reebok Stadium

vKompany

Reaction score
Hi,

I am playing a 4-3-2-1 formation with Bolton Wanderers, and we are dominating top teams such as Chelsea and Liverpool when we played them, but we can't seem to put the ball in the net even though we get plenty of chances. Do I need to set the striker on a different setting than Advanced Forward (Johan Elmander) or do I need a new striker?

Also I can't seem to stop conceeding towards end of games... The concentration of the defenders is fine, but I seem to be having a problem with Gary Cahill who is playing like s**t.

Help is necessary please :)

It could be a simple fix by telling your striker to start placing he's shots in the corner and for the defence maybe bring a few defensive subs near the end of the game ( if not already)

It could be a simple fix by telling your striker to start placing he's shots in the corner and for the defence maybe bring a few defensive subs near the end of the game ( if not already)

Elmander doesn't think it will benefit him if he stopped blasting towards goal.

I play 4-4-2 and have found it far more beneficial. Elmander is feeding off KD very well. Stuart Holden has been key too, playing in a supportive Box to Box role.

I also brought in a striker called Hector Mancilla who offers something a bit different to the other strikers.

I play 4-4-2 and have found it far more beneficial. Elmander is feeding off KD very well. Stuart Holden has been key too, playing in a supportive Box to Box role.

I also brought in a striker called Hector Mancilla who offers something a bit different to the other strikers.

Ok. Don't you find the 4-4-2 a bit too basic though? Teams getting through you easier and know what your game is?

Not at all, i started the season off with some great results, within the first 5 games i beat Liverpool and United, only teams to beat me in opening 12 games are Chelsea and Arsenal.

I tried to make my tactic as close to bolton's real life play as possible, and its worked well :)

Not at all, i started the season off with some great results, within the first 5 games i beat Liverpool and United, only teams to beat me in opening 12 games are Chelsea and Arsenal.

I tried to make my tactic as close to bolton's real life play as possible, and its worked well :)

Hmmmm.... I might try it out. I've lost against the big tough teams at the moment, I've just beaten West Ham & Blackpool.

Can you attach a screenshot of your formation and line-up please?

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

I am selling Cahill in January. He sucks.

Last edited:
DONT DO IT! Seriously, you're probably just playing him wrong, ill upload the tactic for you to have a play with.

Also, Jussi just saved 2 pens away at wigan :D

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

http://www.sendspace.com/file/la39vr

there you go mate, easier than screenshots, just put it in

Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/Tactics

DONT DO IT! Seriously, you're probably just playing him wrong, ill upload the tactic for you to have a play with.

Also, Jussi just saved 2 pens away at wigan :D

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

http://www.sendspace.com/file/la39vr

there you go mate, easier than screenshots, just put it in

Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/Tactics

I'm played v Aston Villa with my formation I'm currently using and lost 2-0. Cahill and Jussi made the mistakes in that game.. and it was stupid mistakes... I brought O'Brien on and we didn't conceed in the 2nd half. Its weird.

Play Cahill on the right of the tactic, with Knight next to him, Alonso/Ricketts at LB and Steinsson at RB, also, utilise matty taylor. hes class

Play Cahill on the right of the tactic, with Knight next to him, Alonso/Ricketts at LB and Steinsson at RB, also, utilise matty taylor. hes class

Steinsson is injured, Matt Taylor I sold. I'll put Alonso on the left, Ricketts on the right.

Ahh see, big mistake, Taylor has been my best player, Assisting like mad! I sold Gardner instead.

Let me know how you get on, I rarely play with Bolton but really enjoying this one,

Ahh see, big mistake, Taylor has been my best player, Assisting like mad! I sold Gardner instead.

Let me know how you get on, I rarely play with Bolton but really enjoying this one,

Ok.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Jussi, Zat Knight & Gary Cahill... Not performing.. not what so ever.

I think youre very unlucky then mate. Take a look at Scott Dann if you have any cash.