D3L B0Y

Reaction score
I'm currently playing a 4-3-1-2 tactic with Swansea, in pre-season I'm getting 65-70% possession and playing brilliant attractive football patiently passing the ball around until space opens up , however when the season starts and you have to use the standard prem pitch size it all goes to **** the tempo is fast even if I change it to slow it stays the same and my players no longer can string a pass together , anyone know how to fix this because this would be an awsome tactic if I could

It won't have anything to do with pitch size, as you use the current pitch size anyway during pre-season. It's just a case of you are playing good enough opposition/the opponents aren't motivated. Don't judge your tactic on pre-season, good or bad! :)

It won't have anything to do with pitch size, as you use the current pitch size anyway during pre-season. It's just a case of you are playing good enough opposition/the opponents aren't motivated. Don't judge your tactic on pre-season, good or bad! :)

True but I did play Barcelona beating them 4-0 with 65% possession and inter aswell beating them by the same score then the league started lost 3-0 to Sunderland at home 4-1 away to man utd which is kinda expected then 3-1 at home to reading :( and also 2-0 at west brom just annoying as it worked so good in pre season , nevermind back to the drawing board , cheers

I found it easier to win against bigger clubs as my players are more determined and motivated against the bigger challenge. However, playing lower clubs I sometime struggle, losing 1-0 or 1-1 draw or just managing a win in the last minute because of complacency... But I manage to stop this if you rotate the squad, say using 3 or more players from the youth squad and a couple from the reserves, as they are more likely to prove their worth.