Help needed in the murky world of lower league management

adamwilding

Reaction score
After spending many an hour killing time at work reading the forums on this sight I have been inspired to start a save in the murky but yet potentially glorious world of lower league management.
The only problem is I have no clue what team I should be, what sort of tactics work and the players i should look at signing as I have only ever been big teams i.e. Man United, Chelsea, Madrid and Barcelona and found myself getting bored after a season or two as there is no sense of achievement when you sign that player who by all rights shouldn’t want to join you (after all your one of the biggest team’s in the world) or seeing you little old club that you have spent years developing, nurturing through your own blood sweat and tears competing with Europe’s elite clubs.
So I have come today cap in hand looking for advice from all those people who are lower league mangers. All I know is I want to be a team in England and take them to the promised land that the is the Barclays Premiership and beyond.
Thanks in advance
P.S haven’t a clue where to post this so if i have put it in the wrong section I do apologise.

I like to be clubs at have very little history(trophy wise) so you can create your own legacy...teams such as Stevenage, Cheltenham, Hartlepool etc....signings will be tough as most clubs in league two have no money, you might have to look at free transfers. ManV1 has a huge shortlist of players too go for. again tactics will depend on what sort of squad you have, or wheather you want to have a certain tactic to fit players in....I have a thread if you want to use my tactics, they have been very successful..........Goodluck

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f103/lower-league-tactic-t63175.html

Thanks for the help mate i will have a good look at this when i get home. I am liking the idea if hartlepool as they are a local team to me.