HELP NEEDED - PLAYER ROLE AND INSTRUCTIONS

theflyingoose

Reaction score
Dear members ,

I play a 4-2-3-1 formation (bayern munich and real madrid style) and i need help regarding the player that sits in the whole or the pocket right behind the striker like (ozil or kroos) , so what is the best role and tactical instructions to give my player to fully express himself ... advanced playmaker , trequartista , ect ect ??

Thank you

Normally i use Advanced Playmaker, but that is only because i have BWM and BBM behind the attacking 3. If you use Schweinsteiger/Alonso for example a DLP, probably trequartista would be good. Always make sure that your player has the required attributes to play the role you ask him to.

Check the role that the player does best and use it. No sense using a trequartista for a player that the favorite role is AP

Check the role that the player does best and use it. No sense using a trequartista for a player that the favorite role is AP

I disagree, on my Arsenal save Isco and Wilshere, were OKAY as APs, both support and attack, but when used as Treq. they tore defences to shreds. Remeber that is just the coaches or scouts opinion on where he will play best, not necesserily where he will do best, and it definitely isn't where he is most comfortable, as that isn't shown anywhere...

All 3 roles are slighlty different, Trequaristas are similar to DLFs, but with more dribbling so they don't need strength, an AP-support tries to run with the ball less, preferring to pass it whereas an AM-support will mainly use dribbling, but will stay in the hole unlike the Trequarista. So it depends what you want that players to do... what team are you/who is going to play there? For me, Kroos would be a better AP, Ozil a better AM and someone like Rossi or Mata a Treq.

Dear members ,

I play a 4-2-3-1 formation (bayern munich and real madrid style) and i need help regarding the player that sits in the whole or the pocket right behind the striker like (ozil or kroos) , so what is the best role and tactical instructions to give my player to fully express himself ... advanced playmaker , trequartista , ect ect ??

Thank you

Specific instructions for that role, that i would recommend are: Forward runs(Rarely - Sometimes), Run with ball(Sometimes), Long Shots(rarely-Sometimes), Through Balls(Often), Crossing(Sometimes), Roam from position(yes), Wide Play(Move into Channels)