Billy Bryant

Reaction score
Hey guys so I started a new game as West Ham. I'm playing without a striker (to see what all the fuss is about) and possession based football. Only a few games in but so far it seems to me that the team just can't handle the type of game i'm asking them to play. They are playing some great football, but their passing just isn't great so inevitably the opposition gets a counter and i'm on the back foot. Even with 2DM i'm weak at the back.

So first of all, I want to keep the tactic, they aren't fully adjusted to it yet so that won't be helping. Second of all i'm wondering if it would be useful to take my full backs off attack? It might sure me up a bit at the back but it will also leave less support up top which is already lacking a striker.

Eventually I will have players to fit the positions but obv I need to keep my job until then. So far I have bought in Balanta and Fraser Forster. They will help a lot.

I'm playing a 4-2-1-3 with full backs on attack, cm on B2B, a CDM on Anchor another CDM on Regista. Wingers on attack and Cam on Advanced Playmaker - Support.

Team Instructions:
Keep Possession
Short Passes
Run at Opponents (only on home tactic)
Work Ball into Box
Play out of defense (only on home tactic)
Hassle Opponents
Stay on Feet
Higher Tempo (only on home tactic)
Be More Expressive
Drop Deeper (only on away tactic)

At home I play attacking and balanced. Away I play standard and Rigid.

I would always drop deeper. I do it myself and haven't had issues with goals. also slow down your tempo. That should help. What does your lineup look like?

do what dickdastardly said and also always play out of defence and run at defence.

Another thing which immediately screams at me is the fact you're West Ham. I don't know what transfers you've done if any but I'd say you should completely change the squad if you're going to play like that. Carroll, Nolan, and co are made for route 1 football, not route 66!