Help on Competion idea

glova96

Reaction score
Hey, well i have had an idea to create a competition held in pre-season for football manager 2010 where the top players from the world will play for teams associated to their equipment/sponsorships. For example Rooney would play for Team T90, C. Ronaldo Nike, Messi Adidas and eto'o puma. At the moment there are only those four teams as it would be difficult for any of the other brands to join as they might have weaker players and it could become unfair. Eventually however the amount of teams and general depth of the competiton could progress. Was wondering basically if any of you guys would be willing to contribute, add any ideas and generally is this a decent idea? Initial ideas for a name is Brand Cup although again if someone could come up with a better one then we could consider.
Basically what are your thoughts at the moment, please post or inbox me :)

Cheers

moved to editing section

Hey, well i have had an idea to create a competition held in pre-season for football manager 2010 where the top players from the world will play for teams associated to their equipment/sponsorships. For example Rooney would play for Team T90, C. Ronaldo Nike, Messi Adidas and eto'o puma. At the moment there are only those four teams as it would be difficult for any of the other brands to join as they might have weaker players and it could become unfair. Eventually however the amount of teams and general depth of the competiton could progress. Was wondering basically if any of you guys would be willing to contribute, add any ideas and generally is this a decent idea? Initial ideas for a name is Brand Cup although again if someone could come up with a better one then we could consider.
Basically what are your thoughts at the moment, please post or inbox me :)

Cheers

I wouldn't say that Rooney should play for Team T90 because T90 is by Nike.You would have to split it down to the sub-brands such as Predators,T90s,Mercurials,adiPures,TUNiTs and so on.

Decent idea though.

I wouldn't say that Rooney should play for Team T90 because T90 is by Nike.You would have to split it down to the sub-brands such as Predators,T90s,Mercurials,adiPures,TUNiTs and so on.

Decent idea though.

Yes i know i thought about that, its just if i do that then there might be uneven teams so on.
I suppose, would have to try and think of players for all sides to even out.

You could do an MLS-style league with like Team T90,Team adiPure,Team Predator and so forth.

I would definately help you make it :)

You could do an MLS-style league with like Team T90,Team adiPure,Team Predator and so forth.

I would definately help you make it :)

ye ok then, we will need to work out the right players for the right sponsors, we could use J0K3r's post for the information.

ye ok then, we will need to work out the right players for the right sponsors, we could use J0K3r's post for the information.

Sure,send me a PM whenever you're ready to start it :)

Good Idea but as the guys in the editing request thread said...You can't loan them out using the editor more than once...
It can be done for one season but that's it

Tiraths right you cant use loan players and the teams have to be in a league system however what you can do is use club affiliations using the move freely option, there are downsides to this however as in when a game starts it automatically gives you the best players in each team meaning removing them back and for some reason when there at your club you have their contract. I would recommend using a league system and putting the players you want automatically in the teams you can also have competitions. If you decide to go for the league system why not get me and inickstuff to make a db each and then choose the best one. Or go for the affiliation idea this would a league comp rather than knockout for it to be able it to work.
You decide.......

Last edited:
ok... good point tiraths, and yes you could make two and decide on which one is better. Can you not just add the players to the teams on editor and then do a future contract back to there own clubs at the end??
Also shall which brands can we work with? will we have to mix some together?

Last edited:
You could do future contracts but to run the competition for more than 1 season would take a long time to edit,
I've had an Idea vaguely along your line of thought Where we create Brand Names ie Puma, Adidas, Nike, Samsung, Bwin etc Assigning Stadium to replicated country of origin as regen and affiliating a club to move players freely Example- AON has stadium in washington (USA regens) and Affiliated with Man utd.
We could either put the players in the teams or have a large transfer budgets to buy at start of game.
With a 2 league system and 3 Comps - Leagues 2x10 teams wih a split and Champion Playoff -FA Cup Knockout - League cup Champions league style and a super cup either FA vs League wiinner or FA vs League cup winner

Selective teams could also be added to Champions Cup

What do You Think ?

You could do future contracts but to run the competition for more than 1 season would take a long time to edit,
I've had an Idea vaguely along your line of thought Where we create Brand Names ie Puma, Adidas, Nike, Samsung, Bwin etc Assigning Stadium to replicated country of origin as regen and affiliating a club to move players freely Example- AON has stadium in washington (USA regens) and Affiliated with Man utd.
We could either put the players in the teams or have a large transfer budgets to buy at start of game.
With a 2 league system and 3 Comps - Leagues 2x10 teams wih a split and Champion Playoff -FA Cup Knockout - League cup Champions league style and a super cup either FA vs League wiinner or FA vs League cup winner

Selective teams could also be added to Champions Cup

What do You Think ?

yes ok then, awesome
if we just give them a big budget it is still a risk, are we able to just add them and then maybe put relationship with club full. That format looks very good and if we do champion playoff the champion could play fa winner, and the runner up could play against the league cup winner?

Money won't be able to buy EVERY player. That wouldn't work

Glad you Like the idea. I,ve already been working on it today if you can Choose 20 Brands that are linked to clubs Clubs already done are Aon affiliated with Man U, Nike/Porto, Puma/Stuttgart, and Adidas/Schalke if you can suggest other brands, tell me where their based, what club you want them affiliated to and Team colours. that will be brill. Trust me on the Move freely aspect and suggest budgets as you buy players you can move say rooney back to Utd at any time also Prize money Yes/no

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

With the affiliation Clubs added your be able to move players freely so you wont have to buy every player, Tested this and it works <br>

Last edited:
man city/umbro and sevilla/joma?

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

chelsea/samsung and roma/kappa

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

diadora/fc twente - fly emirates/arsenal - macron/AS monaco

reebok/cska moscow

Last edited: