Hughsie

Reaction score
I like trying unusual tactics from time to time so I've been working on a 2-8-0 that I've been trialling with Barcelona. Unfortunately I'm not brilliant with tactics so I'm hoping people here will be able to help me put the finishing touches to it. So far I have two versions that I've had reasonable success with (usually competing round the top of the table) but I'm hoping people can help me make it even better.

Here's the first version (I've also used my DMC as a Half Back);

View attachment 462129

And here's the second;

View attachment 462128

What I'm aiming for is for the entire team to be able to pay attractive, possession based football with loads of passing (around 100 each for the CMs would be brilliant). I wanna make the two IFs get into the box almost as much as strikers if possible and I also wanna get the WBs involved (at the moment they are pretty out of it). I think the player instructions are the biggest issue, I wasn't really sure what to put for a lot of them.

Anyone got any tips?

I prefer the first as when the IF's cut inside the WB's will provide width. A couple of other tips I can think of are that pyuol is slow and so won't be to helpful in a offside trap. And that Barca play with a high tempo. And you may want to try Messi as a trequestria instead of ss for a bit.
A Barca save is one of the 4 or 5 saves I'm considering starting with fm14. So I'll try that tactic soonish

Try it with Celta Vigo and see if it works. In order to lose with Barca, you'd need to field a 1-0-9.

I prefer the first as when the IF's cut inside the WB's will provide width. A couple of other tips I can think of are that pyuol is slow and so won't be to helpful in a offside trap. And that Barca play with a high tempo. And you may want to try Messi as a trequestria instead of ss for a bit.
A Barca save is one of the 4 or 5 saves I'm considering starting with fm14. So I'll try that tactic soonish

I'm not trying to imitate Barca, I went with the slow tempo as I felt it suited the shorter passing. I'll give the quicker tempo a go though. I'll also try out Messi as a Treq and a quicker CB with Pique.

Thanks for the advice. :)

Try it with Celta Vigo and see if it works. In order to lose with Barca, you'd need to field a 1-0-9.

I really doubt Celta Vigo have the players to fit into this formation. I'm using Barca because (along with Bayern and Madrid) they are the only team I can imagine have the players to make this work without making a shitload of new signings.

I'm doing something similar with a lack of a striker so I'll be happy to test/share with you about that. Why shadow striker over any of the other options?

I'm doing something similar with a lack of a striker so I'll be happy to test/share with you about that. Why shadow striker over any of the other options?

I was hoping it would get forward more and be more of a goal threat. Why, are you thinking something different?

I'd like to try your tactic .. but I have a problem when I try to import .. the game just freezes .. can you tell me how to solve this problem?

I'd like to try your tactic .. but I have a problem when I try to import .. the game just freezes .. can you tell me how to solve this problem?

I'm not sure tbh. I'm using the demo atm so perhaps if you have the full game there are compatibility issues? I'm just guessing really.