Help please.. Brighton and Hove Albion

andyconor

Reaction score
If you are looking for a quick read, look at the bottom for the main bit

Standings

1st season: npower Championship title on goal difference.
2nd season: Relegation from BPL

Teams

1st season:

Camp
Jara
Greer
Loovens
Mattock

LuaLua
Vicente
Ndjintap
Buckley

CMS
Hoskins

2nd season:

Almunia
Ilusia
Heinze
Pallerano
Robinson

LuaLua
B. Ferguson
Ndjintap
Bia

CMS/Rhodes
Bakenga

*I did not put this in a particular section because it is a number of questions etc*

Questions
1.) What was I doing wrong? I was using Scottooman's tactic 442 Attack! Attack! Attack! in my first season and my own in the second.

2.) Has anyone got a good tactic for newly promoted teams?

3.) Is there any way to increase my transfer budget as I only had 11 mil. in my second season and, as you can see, I had a lot of areas to strengthen.

4.) Should I carry on and try to be more stable next season?

A quick reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
andyconor

1) Sometimes newly promoted teams are hard to manage in the PL. I woud use Counter Attack away from Home and then a 4-2-3-1 at Home. There are plenty of good tactics that work well Away from Home, especially against the top 6. If you can, try and sign Carlos Feiro or Romario (RB) and Luis Guilherme (GK)

2) Again, as mentioned above it's recommended to use two tactics. There are some good possession tactics aswell as good counter attack tactics on here. Look around at the Tactics section and browse accordingly to see what one seems to suit you.

3) If thats what your board have allocated you then the only way to increase that is either sell players or adjust your budget.

4) I would say yes. It takes time to get that starting 11 you want. They key to stability is depth. If you have depth in your team, you will have backup players therefore you can replace your star player with a good player if he got injured. The reserves and bench are just as important as the Starting 11. Try and also keep the squad happy, nothing is worse than a team with no confidence, hold private chats every now and then, tell the players how well they are doing and try and motivate them if they are losing.

Hope I helped.

1) Sometimes newly promoted teams are hard to manage in the PL. I woud use Counter Attack away from Home and then a 4-2-3-1 at Home. There are plenty of good tactics that work well Away from Home, especially against the top 6. If you can, try and sign Carlos Feiro or Romario (RB) and Luis Guilherme (GK)

2) Again, as mentioned above it's recommended to use two tactics. There are some good possession tactics aswell as good counter attack tactics on here. Look around at the Tactics section and browse accordingly to see what one seems to suit you.

3) If thats what your board have allocated you then the only way to increase that is either sell players or adjust your budget.

4) I would say yes. It takes time to get that starting 11 you want. They key to stability is depth. If you have depth in your team, you will have backup players therefore you can replace your star player with a good player if he got injured. The reserves and bench are just as important as the Starting 11. Try and also keep the squad happy, nothing is worse than a team with no confidence, hold private chats every now and then, tell the players how well they are doing and try and motivate them if they are losing.

Hope I helped.

Cheers mate, I will carry on and try to get promoted next season again. Only 1 player wants to leave so it's ok :)

Any more advice is welcomed :)

Just lacking the overall quality there I think mate. I try and analyse my teams as harshly and coldly as possible in these situations. Ask yourself the question, who in my team would I be happy to take to the Champions league? Set your aims high and if you only do half of what you wanted, then at least you stay up!

With a newly promoted team, all you can really do is use two strategies, counter at home or defensive away from home.

Final bits of advice, build from the back. Alumnia... One of the worst keepers in the pl at present I'd say. Don't assume because a player comes from "the big four" that they must be good.

I've only got 11 million? It is almost impossible to buy decent players.