Help Please With my Defence...

nilanjan2009

Reaction score
Hello,
I am Barcelona in my third season......my last two seasons I have the meanest defence in Europe and let in just 18 goals in the league....but now my assistant says that I need an addition or two to bolster my defence...:S I have Puyol, Marquez,Sakho,Fazio,Criscito,Alves,Abidal,Santon,Vargas,Caceres and also Diarra who can play as RB... had to sell Pique and Milito:'(. Do I really need to strengthen my defensive line-up??? Any suggestions are welcome...

This is what my assistant is saying...

nah you dont need to buy any1

just watch your games carefully and see where you are conceding from. then work from there.

hope this helps.

well this season I have had 5 games in the league.... n conceded 4.... n suddenly Puyol has lost his marking abilities...two games he just let the striker go... n since Fazio n Sakho are new to my side they are taking time to settle in...

well this season I have had 5 games in the league.... n conceded 4.... n suddenly Puyol has lost his marking abilities...two games he just let the striker go... n since Fazio n Sakho are new to my side they are taking time to settle in...

if puyol isnt marking tight enough on players instructions tick the tight marking, should fix it.

alos if you play a side with fast strikers drop your defensive line abit deeper, these small things does help :)

My tactic

And this is the tactic I use both Home and Away... with little tweaks as the game demands... been using it for last two seasons... maybe the new players need time settling in...will see for a few more games though...how it all goes...

hmm,

barcelona are a very attacking team, you should try put the tempo abit higher. shouldnt man mark, zonal is better

yeah thanx for the help.....will try out for a few more games and see how it goes...

well the tactics seem to be working well now.....beat Real away at Bernabeu....in the 101 mins...lol.....
but suddenly Marquez is picking up too many red cards......any suggestion???

no I use only tight marking and normal tackling as u can see with my tactics screen.....but this season he has suddenly lost his discipline...

Put him on easy tackling - although I think his cards could be because he's the last man in defence and having to make too many do-or-die tackles. Fining him might be a tad harsh unless the cards are for violent conduct ;)

Defensive line might have to go a little tiny bit deeper mate, and see if you can figure out how to get Marquez a bit of help so he's not having to take a card for the team.

yeah did it once.....but then the entire squad went ballistic......most of them were "dismayed by the lack of harmony in squad"...... and some felt "unhappy at unfair treatment of teammate".....he has a influence of 19.....so now I only issue a warning....

no he gets the red cards for challenging in middle of the pitch.....that is the problem.....well now I have got Sakho.... n he is getting better with every game....so will rest Marquez for a bit.....

Fair play. When anybody gets sent off for me (straight red) i fine them and they dont do it again. But then again im villa not barca!

no he gets the red cards for challenging in middle of the pitch.....that is the problem.....well now I have got Sakho.... n he is getting better with every game....so will rest Marquez for a bit.....

He's doing it for a reason. Is he breaking your defensive line by moving up like that, meaning he has to make the tackle or have the opposition playing through the hole he has left? If that's the reason, something is wrong with how you're closing down in midfield. Perhaps not enough cover in the gap between midfield and defence to stop the opposition's playmakers?

I use Veloso as a DMC so there is not a problem with the gap between defence and midfield....but 2 red cards have been harsh....I must say.....the referees were very harsh....didn't deserve a straight red...

Might just be that then mate, if it's dubious then there's not much to worry about. Although I'd wonder about him making that kind of tackle and getting reds in midfield if he's playing in central defence unless the opposition were on the counter and he was making sure that things stopped there. But if you're sure that it's not that he's being left with too much to do, then I can't think of a game explanation for it other than bad luck for a psychopathic tackler. :D Another explanation is that he's feeling the pressure/over motivated but that would be obvious as the tackles would be truly horrific and there'd be no doubt that they were bad (especially obvious in matches versus rivals).