lewisoldfield

Reaction score
just signed Juan Agudelo on my Sheffield Wednesday save. I dint realize he didnt qualify for a work permit. As in other fm games you were not able to sign a player if he failed to gain a permit. So now i have him and cant play him how do i go about gaining a permit

cheers

either get a feeder club to help with permits or loan him out I think.

You've been able to sign a player without a work permit for a while on FM. At least since FM10 i believe. You need to loan him out to a feeder club with a work permit agreement if you have one, or loan him to a club in a country with a relatively fast citizenship scheme.

You can try offering a new contract at various points and hope that he meets the required criteria, but this is unlikely to change if he sits in your squad without playing.

You've been able to sign a player without a work permit for a while on FM. At least since FM10 i believe. You need to loan him out to a feeder club with a work permit agreement if you have one, or loan him to a club in a country with a relatively fast citizenship scheme.

You can try offering a new contract at various points and hope that he meets the required criteria, but this is unlikely to change if he sits in your squad without playing.
i dont have a feeder club. Everytime i request one from the board they just decline my request

Loaning is your only option then I am afraid. The best option is not to sign the player as loaning means you don't get access to him for a while (it can take multiple seasons to gain a work permit)

You should be given an option on whether you wish to proceed with the transfer despite no work permit being given. I appreciate it can be confusing and when the headline on the news piece says 'confirm transfer of player x' or similar then the excitement of a new player can take over and you can click confirm before reading that he doesn't have a permit. It is something i have done myself on pervious versions of the game.

Last edited:
Loaning is your only option then I am afraid. The best option is not to sign the player as loaning means you don't get access to him for a while (it can take multiple seasons to gain a work permit)

You should be given an option on whether you wish to proceed with the transfer despite no work permit being given. I appreciate it can be confusing and when the headline on the news piece says 'confirm transfer of player x' or similar then the excitement of a new player can take over and you can click confirm before reading that he doesn't have a permit. It is something i have done myself on pervious versions of the game.

thats exactly what happened LOL new game looked a god player, on a free just confirmed quickly. My mistake Thanks anyway Much appreciated

The other thing you could do is this. As he was acquired on a free, you could sell him for a small profit, but his appeal to clubs will be smaller as few clubs seem to be interested in players who have transferred recently, even if they are cheap/offered directly.

Equally, if you can manage it, a yearly fee from the loan club can be a nice little earner if you loan him for 2 or 3 years to club in the same country. At the end he will hopefully get his work permit, and if not you've made an amount from loan fees without having to pay any wages :)

The other thing you could do is this. As he was acquired on a free, you could sell him for a small profit, but his appeal to clubs will be smaller as few clubs seem to be interested in players who have transferred recently, even if they are cheap/offered directly.

Equally, if you can manage it, a yearly fee from the loan club can be a nice little earner if you loan him for 2 or 3 years to club in the same country. At the end he will hopefully get his work permit, and if not you've made an amount from loan fees without having to pay any wages :)
thought i would try once more asking the board for a affiliate to secure work permits. The finally agreed so hopefully they will come back with some one good. With the player being american what country/division do you think would be best?

His original nationality is fairly irrelevant. Ideally you want an active league so he gets proper matches, the game will simulate matches and attribute improvements in inactive leagues but ideally you want to track his performances yourself. Also, a league offering a fairly short term route to EU citizenship is useful. From memory Belgian and Portuguese clubs are good for this, taking 2-3 years (?) -someone else can correct me here if wrong.