LethalManager

Reaction score
please could you give me hints, tips, tactics and players to buy to try to keep watford in the premier league

thanks xx

no. its impossible

not that i've tried :p

Play defensive would be the most obvious, look around south america for some wonderkids who can make an impact

DO NOT BUY YOUNG,

simple as.

You don't need players with good potential, you need players with experience.

In ym first season with Boro i managed to buy Solskjaer, Sibierski, Sheringham, Cole, Larsson....then in the summer of second season i signed Maldini (Awesome!) and Figo.

Don't buy young in first season, buy old and establish yourself.

Although do sign Emiliano Vecchio.

DO NOT BUY YOUNG,

simple as.

You don't need players with good potential, you need players with experience.

In ym first season with Boro i managed to buy Solskjaer, Sibierski, Sheringham, Cole, Larsson....then in the summer of second season i signed Maldini (Awesome!) and Figo.

Although do sign Emiliano Vecchio.

Ye but Boro have decent players to start off with so whats the need to establish a team already in the prem for a few seasons? The only positions you should never buy young players are defence, gk and centre mid. Wonderkids can do a great job and bag a few goals and create

That wasn't what i did, that was advice to him.....

Middlesbrough are all ready well established :)

Absolutely no point buying players that will be good in a few years.

But wonderkids are very good players when u buy them and grow on to be world class players.

Your post wasn't too clear as to why u linked experienced players u bought for Boro to when the guy was talking about watford thats all

Some wonderkids are average players when you buy them who grow onto be a wonderkid....all depends who you buy.

Yeah i understand the post wasn't that clear....but what i meant was with Watford he will need to establish them.

Hmm, it makes sense to buy experience, cos at least you're know what you're getting, but alas, i can never bring myself to do it

If anyone hits 30 in my book, thats it, theyre gone.

One of my quirks, you might say...

but anyway, buying young doesn't mean failure, but you might just have to scout around a little bit more, especially as the more obvious youth choices could be rather pricey

If anyone hits 30 in my book, thats it, theyre gone.

One of my quirks, you might say...

thats bull, but i know other people who do it. people over 30 can still easily perform, and experience would do well at a club like watford on fm

it even says that players peak between 27-32 - older with keepers etc

your just kicking players out in their prime

i never said it was a good thing or the approach he should take!

"just one of my quirks"

come on now, pay attention.

but my method can still work you know.