gillrfc

Reaction score
Installed one of the custom databases on this site, extracted it to the right place yet when i go to start a new game its not there:(

Any ideas how i could get it to work?

Is it in the editor data folder??
i put it in Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/editor data which was where the person who made it said you where to put it.

Yep, thats where you are meant to put it, did you extract it to the editor data folder??

extreacted it on desktop then dragged it across

no what you do is go to downloads find the database you downloaded right click press send to compressed zip file when the zip file comes up extract it to editor data

no what you do is go to downloads find the database you downloaded right click press send to compressed zip file when the zip file comes up extract it to editor data
ive done that now but it still doesnt work:mad:

I normally extract mine to Library>Program Files>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 10>Editor Data

PS:I use Windows Vista

I normally extract mine to Library>Program Files>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 10>Editor Data

PS:I use Windows Vista
yh ive got vista too, managed to install the custome databases no problem for 09 so i dont know whats up with this.

Extract it to both Downloads and Editor Data...........usually works for me

Please answer, if it is a .dbc it may not show up.
eh xml i think? it was the great britain database i downloaded.

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

Started a new game?
yh went to start a new game and select the database but that one doesnt show up only the default.

Last edited:
Has to be a dbc, and you need to click 'change' when you go to start a new game when it offers you the choices of databases.

When you start a New Game,a pop-up box should appear in which you have to tick 'Change' and then after that you can pretty much figure it out for yourself