Icumfigovan

Reaction score
not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of ._config.xml

That XML parsing error popped up when I opened FM to play. I've tried deleting the Settings folder in the App data>Roaming>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 12 folder and then restarting my laptop but that didn't work.

Could someone help me please? I'm desperate to play lol

Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated.

I followed the instructions in the topic but sadly it didn't work. Still the same problem. Any ideas?

Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated.

I followed the instructions in the topic but sadly it didn't work. Still the same problem. Any ideas?
have you tried all the suggestions from both threads?

Okay I've tried uninstalling the game then re-installing it, didn't work. The computer specifications, latest drivers, latest patch, temperatures are all good.

It says it's an XML parsing error, so obviously I've looked for solutions on that, but I've tried every solution I found on the error and it still hasn't worked. I've re-installed the game, deleted the settings folder, hasn't worked.

Just to give more detail on the problem. It won't let me run the game. When I try and run FM, this "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of ._config.xml" appears with a funny symbol underneath.

Any ideas mate? I'm not very good with computers so sorry if I appear very ignorant on the subject. Haha.

try 'verifying integrity of game cache' and 'defragment of game files'. To do this go to your steam library and right click FM12 and choose 'properties'. Click the 'Local Files' tab and then choose the options I listed

The thread linked lists how to do a full manual uninstall. If you have dine this and then reinstalled the game, then the problem lies in your system and not with the game. It could be any number of conflicts, errors, registry problems, there is no one fix fits all for this.

Try creating a new user on windows and install the game there. If it works then its a problem on your pc, but this fix will work as the seperate user acts like a seperate pc.

I'll have a go at the full manual uninstall tomorrow. If that doesn't work, then I'll try installing it on a new user. Thanks for the advice lads.

Thanks a lot lads! I figured out the problem in the end, worked out it was a database I'd downloaded. Now I've removed that it handles like Maradonna. Cheers for your help though :)