Reaction score
So I've started a save with Man Utd, and can't get my strikers to score for some reason. It might just be the constant flow of injuries, which means I have to be changing strikers every other game, but I wanted to ask the experts.

View attachment 332209

I also seem to be having trouble getting Di Maria to work properly. I've been using him on the right wing as an IF, with Depay on the left and Mata in the #10 role as an AP (6 goals in 5 aint bad).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

I have Falcao as CF, he scored 9 goals in 10 matches until now.
DiMaria and Janusazxyzx both as radaumateurs or whatever the new position is called, Dimaria on the left side, janusazj on the right, he's my top scorer, have no ideea why, finishing 10, it sucks, but the ME doesn't agree.
Rooney and RVP are ****, I might as well sell them, bunch of clowns.
It's pretty difficult to play with united this year, all the **** players are unhappy and cry for champions league, fuc*ing ******, too lazy to play better and qualify for ucl, they'd rather be sold and sign a nice check, bunch of greedy c*****.
My biggest problem is the defence, leaking goals all over, but that's realistic so I can't complain, tried to buy Hummels, he laughed in my face altough I was throwing money at him like he was the last woman on earth, still said no, what a ******.

Last edited:
I have Falcao as CF, he scored 9 goals in 10 matches until now.
DiMaria and Janusazxyzx both as radaumateurs or whatever the new position is called, Dimaria on the left side, janusazj on the right, he's my top scorer, have no ideea why, finishing 10, it sucks, but the ME doesn't agree.
Rooney and RVP are ****, I might as well sell them, bunch of clowns.
It's pretty difficult to play with united this year, all the **** players are unhappy and cry for champions league, fuc*ing ******, too lazy to play better and qualify for ucl, they'd rather be sold and sign a nice check, bunch of greedy c*****.
My biggest problem is the defence, leaking goals all over, but that's realistic so I can't complain, tried to buy Hummels, he laughed in my face altough I was throwing money at him like he was the last woman on earth, still said no, what a ******.

Thank you! Will try putting DM on left and Januzaj on right and try falcao as CF as ive been using him as a poacher mainly

Hummels probably has a setting that he doesn't want to play in England which is why you can't sign him.

For OP: I am about to try a tactic someone suggested for MUFC, no idea how well it will work but looks interesting and similar to you yours, he said that Mata at AML is amazing:

"DR: Full Back Defend
DCR: Central Defender Defend
DCL: Central Defender Defend
DL: Full Back Defend
MCR: Deep Lying Playmaker Defend
MCL: Roaming Playmaker Support
AMR: Winger Attack
AMC: Advanced Playmaker Attack
AML: Winger Attack
STC: Poacher Attack Or Complete Foward Attack
with oi short passing retain posession exploit the flanks only instructions works very well as it doesnt over complicate things and is a very good formation in big games u just strech the play leading to battering rivals
control fluid as 1st formation and 2nd formation as same formation on counter flexible
trust me you will be rampant losing very few games + this formation will bring out the best in ur widemen & blind carrick & herrera as its suited to skillful midfielders intercepting play and counter attacking teams with speed"

I've got a United save and I'm scoring absolute bucketloads at the minute.

Two main formations:

1) 4-4-2 diamond
View attachment 332178
Back 4 with Complete Wing Backs on both sides. This is important as the often get tonnes of space, and can put absolutely loads of crosses in all the time.
DM playing as Anchorman (I signed Wanyama for this)
A CM(D) on the left, and Di Maria as a Roaming Playmaker on the right of centre
A Shadow Striker in the AMC position. Juan Mata has been here and scoring loads.
Rooney as a False Nine and Falcao as a Poacher.

Instructions: View attachment 332177

2) 4-3-3-0
View attachment 332176
Normal back 4. LB and RB as Wing Backs (Support)
Anchor Man again, with a CM(D) and BWM(S) in front
Di Maria as Raumdeuter on the left, Rooney as Shadow Striker in the middle, Mata as Inside Forward on the right.
Often this will change around. If I pick Mata in the middle and Januzaj on the right, then I put the instruction on for Mata & Di Maria to swap positions.

Instructions: View attachment 332175

On both of these formations, if I see that my wide men (either the Wing Backs on formation 1, or the AML/AMR on formation 2) are getting behind the opposing full backs a lot, I often put the Low Crosses shout on. Even though I have Falcao who's good in the air, if the wide men and strikers both have the pace, this seems to be a great way of getting little tap-in goals very frequently!

So far, in league games only:
Falcao - 13 games, 11 goals
Mata - 11 games (2 sub), 10 goals, 7 assists
Rooney - 10 games (1 sub), 8 goals
Di Maira - 13 games, 4 goals, 5 assists (admittedly I'm also not getting the best out of him yet. This Roaming Playmaker role doesn't seem to do a huge amount, when I have 3 attackers causing havoc he seems to get left out a bit. I need to experiment with new roles for him in that CM position, because I can't warrant dropping Mata to move Di Maria forward to AMC!)

Top of the league after 14 games on 34 points, Goal Difference of +29, with 44 scored.

Hope this helps :)
Let me know if you want any more details, including player instructions!

Last edited:
I've got a United save and I'm scoring absolute bucketloads at the minute.

Two main formations:

1) 4-4-2 diamond
View attachment 698246
Back 4 with Complete Wing Backs on both sides. This is important as the often get tonnes of space, and can put absolutely loads of crosses in all the time.
DM playing as Anchorman (I signed Wanyama for this)
A CM(D) on the left, and Di Maria as a Roaming Playmaker on the right of centre
A Shadow Striker in the AMC position. Juan Mata has been here and scoring loads.
Rooney as a False Nine and Falcao as a Poacher.

Instructions: View attachment 698249

2) 4-3-3-0
View attachment 698250
Normal back 4. LB and RB as Wing Backs (Support)
Anchor Man again, with a CM(D) and BWM(S) in front
Di Maria as Raumdeuter on the left, Rooney as Shadow Striker in the middle, Mata as Inside Forward on the right.
Often this will change around. If I pick Mata in the middle and Januzaj on the right, then I put the instruction on for Mata & Di Maria to swap positions.

Instructions: View attachment 698252

On both of these formations, if I see that my wide men (either the Wing Backs on formation 1, or the AML/AMR on formation 2) are getting behind the opposing full backs a lot, I often put the Low Crosses shout on. Even though I have Falcao who's good in the air, if the wide men and strikers both have the pace, this seems to be a great way of getting little tap-in goals very frequently!

So far, in league games only:
Falcao - 13 games, 11 goals
Mata - 11 games (2 sub), 10 goals, 7 assists
Rooney - 10 games (1 sub), 8 goals
Di Maira - 13 games, 4 goals, 5 assists (admittedly I'm also not getting the best out of him yet. This Roaming Playmaker role doesn't seem to do a huge amount, when I have 3 attackers causing havoc he seems to get left out a bit. I need to experiment with new roles for him in that CM position, because I can't warrant dropping Mata to move Di Maria forward to AMC!)

Top of the league after 14 games on 34 points, Goal Difference of +29, with 44 scored.

Hope this helps :)
Let me know if you want any more details, including player instructions!

Wow ! I have a 4-4-2 diamond that didn't work out very well, but will definitely try out this one! Thank you so much :)
When you play Rooney, what position do you use him in and what role ? I have never ever been able to get him to work out, always been my most disappointing player.

Player instructions are always welcome!

Edit: DERP ! Saw that you said Rooney as F9 :p

Last edited:
covmatty could you give some info about when you use each tactic? also what do you do regarding opposition instructions on each tactic and also training? tactics look ace cant wait to try