Wez Price

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Just a little bit about my team before I get into the issue(s) that are driving me loopy!

I'm Blackpool manager, am in 2022 and have had huge success in the league and in Europe - yet for some reason, my players still don't perform as they should, in terms of tactics and general performance.

I play a 352 with 2 wingers, 1 DLP 1 BWM an attacking playmaker and an AF + Poacher.

My issue is with certain members of my squad who 'should' based on their stats and personality, be unplayable.

The particular players are my wingers and DLP.

My DLP (as shown below) - has both the stats and PPM to spray the ball around like confetti all around the park. I have tried EVERYTHING to make him play long spraying passes all across the pitch but all he ever does is pass it backwards or sideways 5 yards. Sure, his pass completion is very good but I don't understand why he refuses to play the passes that he PREFERS(!!!) to do?

View attachment 349387

Then, we have my wingers. They have amazing stats in order to supply goals for my forwards, but both of them barely set up any goals! Again, I've tried changing their instructions etc but their crosses are major failsView attachment 349388View attachment 349389

My striker that they are supplying to is brutally good in the air, and he wins most headers that are thrown his way, so I know that it's not a case of awful finishing that is ruining their assist numbers
View attachment 349390

View attachment 349391View attachment 349392

Any advice? Again, I've tried everything in terms of their instructions, creativity, floating/drill crosses etc.

I'm at a loss! HELP!

Ty in advance.

Moving to tactics section.

Please don't bump threads after such a small amount of time since the OP.

Hey, is there any chance of getting a look at the player instructions for the DLP and where do you play the DLP exactly, DM or MC?

That's kind of my issue. I've had him set to every variation of instructions neccessary. I've played him DLP support, DLP defend, in the hole, in MC...everywhere

This might be because there are 2 'hidden' stats called important matches and consistency,they could have low ratings for this creating what you are seeing. A DLP is normally best played from a MC position. Try also making sure they are in their natural positions and if not train them to what you want.
As your Maspero is a DMC and MC I would play him as a MC personally as his DM stats aren't the best.
Whats your tactic on for crossing? This will effect your AMR/L players and what they do and it's worth making your DR/DL's to overlap.
Your striker is amazing but his acceleration is very poor for a poacher....so I would have him as a Advanced Forward.
I would change your tactic if your looking to score goals with crossing as for me 3-5-2 is a tikki takki formation which suits fast through ball strikers.

Last edited:
Ok...but (and I know reports in FM can be misleading) - my ***. Manager says that important matches are his strong point... Would you play him DLP Support?

Ok...but (and I know reports in FM can be misleading) - my ***. Manager says that important matches are his strong point... Would you play him DLP Support?

I would play him in support but as you have only 3 at the back it's taking him out of the game when it comes to assisting the team in attack. Do you have DR's and DL's in your team? As your tactic if you don't play possession football your AMR/AML's will struggle to get to the byline and cross for your strikers as all your support is in the centre of the field

Well my team is very possession based. It's kind of a personal thing that I sell all DL and Dr's at my club and literally have none of them. That being said, my wingers get into great positions yet cant cross / choose not to. very frustrating, but i accept that it's down to my style of management somewhere

Well my team is very possession based. It's kind of a personal thing that I sell all DL and Dr's at my club and literally have none of them. That being said, my wingers get into great positions yet cant cross / choose not to. very frustrating, but i accept that it's down to my style of management somewhere

If your are playing possession football do you have pass short on?

I have my passing style set to default, but CB's, BWM and wingers all play short passing, Maspero DLP has it set to long

This is why your wingers aren't crossing. For me I would change you ML/MR to AMR/AML...on the tactics screen select your wingers and have them as support. On team tactics have width 2 clicks in from the widest you can play. Keep crossing on default but change on the tactics player option on the wingers show instruction tab select the cross ball to often.
I would keep your DMC as he was but as support. If one of your MC's is a deep lying playmaker there is no point in having 2 so change your DMC to something else like anchor man.
This should bring your AMR/L's into play.

I have my passing style set to default, but CB's, BWM and wingers all play short passing, Maspero DLP has it set to long

You don't need a BWM if you have a DMC just to add.
to summarise and try.
DC - the once's on the left/ right have them as stoppers
DMC - anchor man support
MC - deep lying playmaker support
MC - advance playmaker support
AMR - winger support
AML - Winger support
ST - Target man
ST - Advanced forward

Last edited:
I dont have a DMC. I may have confused you. my 5 midfielders are 2 wingers, DLP, BWM and an AMC set to AP- attack

Okay, ill try it. will the Advance playmaker still be effective from a deeper position? the alternative is to play one less striker I guess

If you have a AMC instead of a DMC that's good but would also explain the lack of crossing if he was an advanced playmaker feeding the strikers. Have your AMC if you can as an attacking midfielder or Trequartista. An MC as an advance playmaker is very effective with support from the other MC as a deep lying one. As you have changed the width they should pass to the wingers more than the AMC.

one of the problems with a flat 4 in a 3 at the back is if they are set to wingers they will try and assist but they are also trying to stay with the play so that they dont leave at the back open, that may be the problem? Are the wingers set to support? and the DLP should be a support if you are playing other BWM round him as he will then focus on the play itself, when i play with a back 3 i usually play 2 MC (BWM) passing set to short and DM DLP passing set to more direct that way will be like juve in terms of their play did play with pirlo spraying the ball (sorry for long reply)