Help Required Please!! fm.exe- NO DISK

smitvilla

Reaction score
When I load or save one of my 10.3 games, I must click on 'try again' on the FM pop up, fm.exe-No Disk.........There is no disk in the drive. please insert a disk into drive\device\harddisk2\dr2

If I do not 'try again' the game freezes. I haven't changed any options re save directory file etc and presume this could be a problem with my setup rather the FM2010.

Anyone else experience this and no how to resolve. Thanks in advance

yes. I am running without steam btw. this no disk is ref to memory/hard drive, not the c.d or no cd crack as you may be ref to

using win 7 and version 10.3 with stu's update.2 at the moment

Last edited:
Ok, i'm getting pretty peeved about this now........it happens nearly every time I load a game, game will load then to continue I must click on the 'try again' or 'continue' option that comes up with the FM.EXE no disk error. Whenever I holiday the error will occur most times, could be after 1 day or after 6 months...never the same time period.

it's getting to the point where I feel I need a complete re-install.

Has anyone experienced this or know what the problem could be?????

1. It is a legit c.d(FM is the only game I buy)
2. Is not via steam and c'd is in good condition
3. Hav win 7 on decent spec laptop 6 months old so dont see how I could have problem with hardrive already

even tried it in window mode etc still to no avail

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
If you have Vista, that may be the problem.

Win 7....had Vista on p.c before and never had this problem

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

fm.exe - NO DISK

big red X there is no disk in the drive. please insert a disk into drive\ device\ harddisk\ DR1.

cancel try again continue

and when holidaying, click cont/try again and then a crash dump will appear

This happens to me aswell, normally when the game auto saves or when I save. I click on cancel and the game resumes until the next save.

yeh, think a re-install is due.....but its so close to the new footy manager and I want to finish my saved game!!

Ok, i'm getting pretty peeved about this now........it happens nearly every time I load a game, game will load then to continue I must click on the 'try again' or 'continue' option that comes up with the FM.EXE no disk error. Whenever I holiday the error will occur most times, could be after 1 day or after 6 months...never the same time period.

it's getting to the point where I feel I need a complete re-install.

Has anyone experienced this or know what the problem could be?????

1. It is a legit c.d(FM is the only game I buy)
2. Is not via steam and c'd is in good condition
3. Hav win 7 on decent spec laptop 6 months old so dont see how I could have problem with hardrive already

even tried it in window mode etc still to no avail

Thanks in advance

Give your FM DVD a good clean and check that your DVD-Drive is working correctly.

gave it a clean a few weeks ago and it did solve the problem......for a day or 2. will try again. Got no dvds to test with me as in Slovakia and only took my FM game

Will clean thoroughly and post back later/ possibly 2mo as Villa playing later( hopefully playing and not just turning up like v Newcastle/Vienna)

cheers

Few minor scratches, nothing deep tho( god **** mrs)

cleaned and did the above on start up....so not hopeful :-(

Last edited:
if you can save your saved game on a USB stick or something similar then you can reinstall the game and just put your saved game back in the saved game folder and you should be able to continue your progress. If you don't have access to a USB stick you could always try email to yourself and then open it when you have reinstalled the game (depending on save game file size)

No disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \device\harddisk\DR1

Jeez this problem frustrating! Finally I've resolved it and hopefully this solution is going to help you guys out.

Don't waste time re-installing, I've tried that it doesn't resolve it, I believe the problem relates to drive mapping.

Although I've not tested this in great detail as to why it doesn't seem to "see" some drive letters and not others but my advice would be to change the drive letters of you CD Drives and/or DAEMON TOOLS Virtual Drives from the Disk Management section in the Computer Management console.

You can get to that from Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Computer Management - Storage>Disk Management

Simply right click on the Optical Devices from the left hand side and select "Change Drive Letters and Paths" - Select the current letter and change it to another letter, I've got a lot of drives and my optical devices are letters G / E but but generally speaking I reckon if you set yours around those letters you'll be fine.

Really hope this helps people, I totally feel your pain this is an annoying issue and this was my solution that worked.