Shaneckham

Reaction score
I have tried advanced playmaker attack and support. Attacking midfield, attack and support and also trequartista. I play a 4-2-3-1 everyone performs well apart from the player in the hole, number 10 if you like. So I would like to know if anyone has set up a number 10 getting goals and plenty of assists and in general just being a pain in the backside for the opposition team!!

I try and use the trequartista role and it works well for me but I play him upfront, as Trequartista drops off anyway, just a glorified Deep Lying Forward... Play him upfront with a Poacher and then Inside Forward Attack on the Left Winger pos and a Winger Support on the right wing... Works well for me

It would depend om how you are playing in generall. If using à counter based approach, using à Quick Poacher upfront often means that he gets loads Of goals om the cost Of the player in the AMC spot. Often, the AMC drags out à DC and whilst he provides lots Of opening passes and makes opening movement, his contribution to the goals are often as mentioned above. He provides the space and make the "2nd assist". This makes his average rating lower than what it actually should be in real life( thats just the way the rating system works in FM)Either you accept that he just dont get high ratings or you change your style Of play. If you get good results, you have to consider that changing tactics wont be beneficial to the team.I use à complete FC on attack and the AMC as à Inside forward attack. Then, the AMC gets more goals and assist.NeXT thing, is it à specific player you have in mind in AMC? Then, what ppms does he have ?

I am also having a little trouble with this position. This is how I am currently setup:

a>

I've tried the AMC as an Advanced Playmaker - Attack which he did well in but I want him to help out more on defense so tried Advanced Playmaker - Support but that did work so well.

In the 2 games as Attacking Midfielder - Support, there have been 2 assists from that position. 1 from Gotze and 1 from Gundogan but the ratings have been below 7 for both of them so still not 100% happy with it. I will try it like this for a few more matches then maybe Inside Forward - Support like TheBetterHalf suggested above.http://i.imgur.com/Q5SIw.jpg

I am also having a little trouble with this position. This is how I am currently setup:

I've tried the AMC as an Advanced Playmaker - Attack which he did well in but I want him to help out more on defense so tried Advanced Playmaker - Support but that did work so well.

In the 2 games as Attacking Midfielder - Support, there have been 2 assists from that position. 1 from Gotze and 1 from Gundogan but the ratings have been below 7 for both of them so still not 100% happy with it. I will try it like this for a few more matches then maybe Inside Forward - Support like TheBetterHalf suggested above.

If you have not touched any of the settings, the advanced FC should be on move into channels and have a free role. When playing in the central FC position, this means he will drift wide, providing space for the AMC. Here,its important that the AMC only moves into channels and DONT have a free role since he will drift the same way as the FC is doing.

I am using all settings on default. In that setup, which role would you suggest for the AMC then? The only ones that turn roaming off for the AMC is IF and AP

Also you have two DLPs so they will often bypass the AM with their passing. I'd either have a Central Mid defend, for short supply to the AMC, or turn the AMC into an Attacking Mid/attack

I am using all settings on default. In that setup, which role would you suggest for the AMC then? The only ones that turn roaming off for the AMC is IF and AP

To make tings really simple, why not just use a tweaked role, using mixed on everything and move into channels

Well, I am trying to get the MC's to play as deep as possible without moving them to the DM positions and I figured DLP's would get them the deepest. Also, I want to keep the AMC on a support duty to get back into position when we do not have the ball and and help out in defense. I tried him with an attack duty and he did really well but got caught out of position a few times giving the opposition DM loads of time and space. I will try changing the DLP-Defend to CM-Defend.

Last edited:
It would depend om how you are playing in generall. If using à counter based approach, using à Quick Poacher upfront often means that he gets loads Of goals om the cost Of the player in the AMC spot. Often, the AMC drags out à DC and whilst he provides lots Of opening passes and makes opening movement, his contribution to the goals are often as mentioned above. He provides the space and make the "2nd assist". This makes his average rating lower than what it actually should be in real life( thats just the way the rating system works in FM)Either you accept that he just dont get high ratings or you change your style Of play. If you get good results, you have to consider that changing tactics wont be beneficial to the team.I use à complete FC on attack and the AMC as à Inside forward attack. Then, the AMC gets more goals and assist.NeXT thing, is it à specific player you have in mind in AMC? Then, what ppms does he have ?

I play short passing, on control. The tactic has never let me down, wins me cups every season. I just wanted to get my number 10 involved more, but as you said maybe him being in the hole is key to the rest of the team, plus my striker hammers in a shed load of goals. Just have to accept the lower rating. Cheers guys!!

I play short passing, on control. The tactic has never let me down, wins me cups every season. I just wanted to get my number 10 involved more, but as you said maybe him being in the hole is key to the rest of the team, plus my striker hammers in a shed load of goals. Just have to accept the lower rating. Cheers guys!!

There is an inherent flaw with ratings as well, so quietly brilliant style AM and CM players (modric is a great example) dont get the ratings they deserve.

There is an inherent flaw with ratings as well, so quietly brilliant style AM and CM players (modric is a great example) dont get the ratings they deserve.

Yea it does seem unless your player scores or assists then they don't get a high rating.