Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've had FM17 for a while but I'll be honest, I've barely touched it, I've just struggled to really enjoy FM the past few times other than the odd season here and there and I think I've worked out part of my problem. My games are never really set up with longevity in mind so after a short period I found the game get either harder, because I'll lose players and the players I end up signing are of a worse quality than the ones I had previously or younger players haven't developed how I thought.

So I was hoping, does anyone have any tips on setting up a scouting system as such. I don't want to be going round Google for the best players to find as that is going to just suck the fun out the game completely, I know you want your scouts to have good JCA and JPA, should I sign as many scouts as I can for the club I'm at and just send the majority to as many different areas as possible and just consistently look at the players they find and scout the types of players I need/want further until I get a full report to judge whether they would be a suitable find for my club?

Alternatively, could anyone suggest anything to read to help me get started on scouting?

I've worked out mostly what to do with regards to improving youngsters now utilising different focuses on individual attributes or training schedules for certain roles like DLP as an example off of my head and just having notes to remind me when to check.

I just really want to get back into what I consider a great game. Thanks,