Lukeeggy

Reaction score
I need help my teams seem to score enough goals with my formation but concede to many like my west ham game 80 goals in first season but 57 conceded, it might be my stopper/cover combination im not sure this is my formation any ideas?

GK

WB CB CB WB
(Support) (Cover) (Stopper) (Support)

DM
(Anchor man)

CM CM
(Adv Playmaker) (Box 2 box)

AMR AML
(Support) (Support)
inside forward Inside forward

STK
(Adv forward)

Dont know if it helps but usually i put the more agressive CB as the stopper and the faster CB as the cover...

dont play Wing backs, play full backs

Your Am's could possibly be set as Wingers and asked to cut in rather than having Inside Fowards...

Play two Covers (thats what I do or 2 Defend duties)

if you are playing an Offside trap, the Stopper breaks the trap as he pushes up to stop the attack...

it also depends on your Philosophy and Strategy, if you have Fluid in your 1st half of the season its not a good idea, start of with Rigid or Balanced to get your team time to gel...

post your team instructions here and we would find the problem

it also depends on your Philosophy and Strategy, if you have Fluid in your 1st half of the season its not a good idea, start of with Rigid or Balanced to get your team time to gel...

Do you mind explaining this part? this is a new thing i learn today :D

I agree with what Raikan said.

I always play Rigid for the first 6 months to get my team used to the tactics and used to playing as a team. I usually use Balanced with Man Utd but it depends on your players.

Do you mind explaining this part? this is a new thing i learn today :D
ok, your philosophy is how your team play amongst (integrate certain positions) each other and the setup they have in the game..

a good thing to do for any new team or any new club (if you bring your new tactic in) or starting a new game is to play your team balanced or below as they will take time to adapt and gel with the formation (Match Preparation screen will show you how adept they are at your current tactic)

_Team-Instructions.jpg

a good example of Fluid or Very Fluid is Barca as their players just know where each other player is etc... a Rigid or Balanced are teams like your Stoke's, Espanyol's, Boltons, Blackburns etc as their players are not good enough to take on more than one role at a time or one position... hence them being rigid or stagnant in their position...

I hope you understand what I am saying :)

as for Strategy, that depends on who you are playing, if you are underdogs and also playing away from home, change it to Counter or Standard...
if you have a good lead in the return leg of a cup, play Defensive or Contain.
if you are the favourites and even playing at home, play Attacking...

here are my team instructions hope this helps, i dont want to loose my ability to score few goals but i need to tighten up i tend to concede goals on the break from counter attacking crosses.

Philosophy:- Attacking
Strategy:- Balanced
Passing:- Shorter
Creative freedom:- Default
Closing down:- Press more
Marking:-Zonal
Roaming:- Stick to position
Tackling:-Default
Crosses:- Drill crosses

I usually use control with rangers

Last edited: