[HELP] Team Instructions for counter attacking football

JMocks

Go Spurs!
Reaction score
What are the ideal team instructions for playing counter attacking football? When it comes to making a counter tactic, I'm not that good... Any help would be appreciated!

Well, there are some "classic" counter-attacking Instructions, but most of these, depend on your tactical formation and player roles. Playing 4-2-3-1 counter is not like playing 5-3-2 counter. This is just the first step. Then player roles come into play, which have a huge impact on how your players actually work on the field. From personal experience, i found out that 4-2-3-1 and 5-3-2 (wing backs) - 1DM- 2MC are the best counter-attacking formations for my personal style of play. 4-2-3-1 is more versatile, since you can approach the game in more ways than with the 5-3-2, although 5-3-2 is somehow safer in defense.

Regarding to your initial question, I will try to answer, although is hard to answer to an unfinished question :)

Hit Early Crosses, Go Route One, Clear Ball to flanks, More Direct Passes, Whipped Crosses, Pass into Space. These are "classic", but as I said, it all comes down to your tactical approach, formation and player roles. If you tried to created a tactic, post it here and we can help much more.

To answer your question, I like to use a WB formation, specifically the one you mentioned.