Help Threads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulwhitte

Reaction score
I think the forum needs an invividual help thread. I have a FM problem and have no idea where to post it.

emm there is, the general FM forum.

Finding Help might actually be made easier as well if people made more descriptive titles instead of just Help, not knocking ur title for this thread as its actually one of the few times were saying Help thread is apt

emm there is, the general FM forum.

Finding Help might actually be made easier as well if people made more descriptive titles instead of just Help, not knocking ur title for this thread as its actually one of the few times were saying Help thread is apt

I know what you mean about the titles needing to be more helpfull...but it just leads to my point that there should be a set "HELP QUESTIONS" section of the forum...you said there is but there actually isn't. General FM to me would mean everything included like talking about game stories to good players to by. It's very varied, whereas you have a "Networking" section and it does what it says on the tin...it's about Networking.
When i've needed help i've not really been sure where to ask so i've put things in networking, and things in the general forum like you said.

Well if you need help with a network game you post in networks, help with tactcs - tactics forum, help with player s- player section, a general problem with fm - general fm discussion. I take your point but still dont think its needed as 90% of posts on here are looking for some forum of help

Game crashing problems?? It's none of the above it's a "I need help" forum.

Last edited:
Game crashing problems?? It's none of the above it's a "I need help" forum.

SO basically you want a technical help forum?

Well there are only liek 3-4 problems we can offer advice on really, if you want true technical support your better off trying the SI Forums

I didn't say you would be able to give me technical advice, but someone else might. I mean a general HELP forum.

Jesus why set up a "Support and COMMENTS" section if nobody can give any advice? The customer is always right as they say...

I didn't say you would be able to give me technical advice, but someone else might. I mean a general HELP forum.

Like he said, there are only so many technical problems out there and they are all stickied here already.

A Help section is not really needed though, people just need to start spending a minute of their own time searching before wasting everyone's time.

...Which is why compressing all the help questions into one place people wouldn't need to "waste their time" trawling through the **** in the forum. I don't want to read help files while looking for player packs and the same visa versa. As you said "wasting everyones time"...you hit the nail on the head mate.

Go to Advance Search
Select to search the forum where your problem will be (if its not tactical, player, graphic etc releated then it will be found in general)
Type in a key word(s) that you think are relevant to your problem

Now for me to repeat Lee. There are few mian problems but those that there are are sticked and therefore dont even requirre searching to find.

...Which is why compressing all the help questions into one place people wouldn't need to "waste their time" trawling through the **** in the forum. I don't want to read help files while looking for player packs and the same visa versa. As you said "wasting everyones time"...you hit the nail on the head mate.

A general help section would be useful but it's just not practical to set up. Like Gregor and Lee have said the main topics that people seem to need help with are stickied in various locations depending on what they are about.

Another old thread being brought up.

And you have to donate for those priveliges ^^)

what lee said.
what gregor said.
what sean said.
what robson said.

:wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.