Help - unusual transfer / player activity

Campbell11

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum but not new to FM. I'm having a problem that I've never seen before in any FM game. I'm Coventry in the Championship (Feb in the first season) and on course to get to the Premier League. I have therefore started hunting for players for next season, in the free / expiring contract market.

I approached and agreed a contract with Matias De Federico of Corinthians. However, he has appeared in my squad but is ineligible to play (the transfer / contract isnt supposed to go through until the end of the season).

I also recieved a message about him putting his Corinthians future in doubt by turning down a contract, followed by another message saying "De Federico has ended speculation of a move to Athletico by committing his future to Coventry. He signed a new 3 year contract with the club. De Federico is reportedly unsettled at the Pacaembu" which is the Corinthians stadium.

Now hes in my squad but has no contract details, and I still have the "make an offer" option and he is worth nothing. Hes also still in the Corinthians squad but is greyed out with the "fgn" symbol.

Any ideas what the **** is going on? I dont want to restart my game because getting Cov 15 points clear at the top of the league in Feb is an achievement in itself

Thanks folks!