Zazza

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I'm in need of a little help with a 4-2-3-1 I'm trying to create. I'd like to play with wings acting as attacking inside forwards, hence cutting inside as the wing backs will be getting forward to cross. My biggest problem is configuring the AMC and the striker, who will be Oscar Cardozo and should not be doing any movement with the ball.

Glad for any suggestion.

I play like this with my ajax team

GK-Defend
Full Back(Support) - CB-Defend - CB-Defend - Full Back(Support)
Box 2 Box - Box 2 Box
Inside Forward Attack - AMC Attack - Inside Forward Attack
Poacher​

I play like this with my ajax team

GK-Defend
Full Back(Support) - CB-Defend - CB-Defend - Full Back(Support)
Box 2 Box - Box 2 Box
Inside Forward Attack - AMC Attack - Inside Forward Attack
Poacher​
Very, very interesting, but does the Poacher make any movements with ball ? Cardozo simply isn't that type of striker...

Very, very interesting, but does the Poacher make any movements with ball ? Cardozo simply isn't that type of striker...

i play a similar tactic but with a BWM(support) - box2box in the CM.

the poahcer is nomally set to try and beat the offside trap as poachers should be and he normally stays forward with the central mid three playing throughballs to the inside forwards and poachers. normally with short passing focused through the middle

thats the tactic i used to get huddersfield town to win the prem.

I played similar shape to mvp93.

At first I used 2 inside forwards with 1 advance forward like him.

But after trying out with 2 wingers instead of inside forward, I seem to be scoring more goals.

And if you play with 2 inside forwards, the AMC seems to play badly most of the time. Maybe there is not enough space for him to get the ball.

I'm experimenting a bit...but Giuseppe Rossi and Jovetic are more suited to play as inside forwards than wingers...the real problem seems to be Cardozo...he isn't just the right guy for this tactic, I fear.

what's on your mind, they suit to the role but not for tactic ? this is how a team play not individual playing

I'm experimenting a bit...but Giuseppe Rossi and Jovetic are more suited to play as inside forwards than wingers...the real problem seems to be Cardozo...he isn't just the right guy for this tactic, I fear.
What are you looking for your striker to do? is he going to be the goal scorer? or is he just getting in your way?

What are you looking for your striker to do? is he going to be the goal scorer? or is he just getting in your way?
He should be the main goal scorer but seems to be getting in the way at the moment...:)

He should be the main goal scorer but seems to be getting in the way at the moment...:)
well with both wingers cutting inside and the am probably getting forward he will have no space.
Maybe try him target man - support with balls played to head, which he will then knock down to the inside forward coming inside. He wont get many goals but i dont think there is anyway in which you can get him to do so with so little space.

Dear Shay, I think you really got the point !!! The only way to make it work with these players is to set Cardozo as target man on support. Tried it in the past and it worked altough the only goals the striker scored were on corners.

Theres a few guides on how to get the best from your tactics. Check out my link thread,it has a few links for tactics.